1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I start to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hey, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hey

Hey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am almost sixteen. I am a lesbian.
    I grew up in an extreme christian family, completely isolated from everybody and everything that didn't have anything to with the church. I am an musician in the church and I am on the paid staff.

What I mean by extreme christian family is that my parents taught my brother and I that everything outside of the church is bad, and everything inside the church is good. This gave them excuses to do whatever they wanted, because they were "doing it in the name of Christ."

I have ADHD and have always sucked in school. They have always assumed it was because I'm lazy and rebellious.

Because of the isolation, I don't have any friends that aren't Christians, and so I don't have any chance to tell anybody I am a lesbian that would accept me for who I am.

My dad has threatened to kick me out before just because I was not doing well in school. I can't imagine what he would do if I told him I like girls.

I am so tired and guilty, feeling like I'm lying all the time. I really want to come out and quit putting on the show, I just don't know how.

:icon_sad:

2. TroubledRyan

Well I'm christian, and gay. But I'm guessing that most of your christian friends are much more up-tight about it. But I'm pretty positive that they all arent.

If you truely can't find that one good friend though, you will be 18 in no time. From their you live your own life. You won't have to keep your secret.

3. greeneyes

4. dreamcatcher

Have you looked online for any lgbt youth groups in your area? You would be able to come out there and hopefully it will be a safe place for you to share about your struggles without anyone else knowing.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are at school, college or Uni, are there any LGBT groups or clubs that you can join, or a counsellor that you can talk to? As at the moment you are probably reliant on your parents for money and stuff it may be best to refrain from telling them at the moment just in the interests of your safety.