1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Group

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chrism29, Mar 30, 2012.

1. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    okay so in about a week or so im going to be going to a LGBT group for the first time im very nervous not going to lie. basicly im just wondering what to expect, how many people are usually there? also any advice for me? like i said im vey nervous any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

2. JRNagoya

It really varies, but the ones I've gone to tend towards 12 people or fewer. They're very casual and laid back. Expect to give a brief introduction. The meetings may be themed such as relationship building, networking, etc. There's really nothing to be afraid of. Only talk about or reveal what you're comfortable with. Many times the people in these groups have been going for awhile so there's a sense of camaraderie there. The people there know that coming out and being gay is a challenge for people so they expect for newcomers to be nervous or shy. There's almost always a leader or someone who leads the discussion to make sure every one feels welcomed. I hope you enjoy your first meeting. Go with a relaxed attitude and an open mind. Don't expect for it to be a life changing, one-time event, but as something that can have a lasting effect over the course of your life. Have fun.