1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SiberianHusky, Mar 31, 2012.

1. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my friend has a history of trying to commit suicide.. and everytime i have been able to talk him out of it... but this time i dont know if i can. :tears: im trying my best to talk him out of it but he isnt listening to reason,and thats if i can get ahold of him... i cant get ahold of him in my opinion cuz this time i dont think he is going to let me talk to him.... he keeps on saying he isnt loved and how he thinks no one cares about him.. im trying my best to keep calm, and stop shaking but nothing is working.. im trying my best not to cry but that plan isnt functional.. plz anything.. any advice.. i keep trying to get him on EC.. i keep trying to tell someone and no one will listen.. he is an old friend that doesnt live where i do, he just called me up on the phone and told me he was going to do it then hung up..:tears: im trying to txt him.. no reply.. i cant really think str8 right now and im scared.. :frowning2:

2. dano22

dano22 Guest

You need to call a suicide hotline immediately or even the local police department to report that someone may be suicidal. I hope your friend will think things through and everything will be ok.

3. Snyder

Well, if he says he's commiting suicide I would call 911. Especially if you don't want to be convicted of voluntary manslaughter.

4. Eleanor Rigby

Start by taking a deep breath and calm down.
    If you think your friend is in danger, the best thing to do know is :
    1/ to call his parents if you can and let them know you really think their son is in danger
    2/ to call the police and gave them the location of your friend and his phone number
    Your friend might not be happy about it, but it's better to have him angry and alive than dead. Hopefully he'll be able to realize you saved his life in a few time.
    Last but not least, you're not responsible for your friend's actions. That is very sad that he is suicidal and that would be even saddest if he decided to commit suicide, but you are not responsible for this. All you can do is try to help, but in the end of the day, only ourselves are accountable for our actions, good and bad.

Let us know how it goes and if you need to talk, feel free to PM any of the advisors. Take care (*hug*) Cécile