1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer and Chest Removal Surgery?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gaasuba, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Gaasuba

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's really a decision I must make on my own... but it's still nice to get others' opinions on it.

I have enjoyed switching my gender appearance for several years now. I have moved from ace bandages, and on to my compression vest(dabbling in tape in between). But lately I've been feeling that the compression vest isn't enough. I can only wear it for a day or two before it stretches too much and I have to wash it for it to be fully affective against the size of my bust. I feel that it would be easier to have a flat chest and to use breast forms when I want to look more obviously female.

With my body type, simply reducing the size would only look wrong. So it's all or nothing and it's a tough decision. I've done a small amount of research into breast removal but I haven't found much yet.

any advice, personal stories, or information welcome.

2. super confused

Well, I'm still trying to figure out my orientation, and I like looking like a girl (sort of), so I can't really empathize with your situation, but I can try to give some advice.
    This is super corny, but very true: You need to do whatever it takes for you to feel right about yourself. Just don't rush into anything that you won't be able to take back. Although, it does sound like you have a pretty good plan. Sorry if this isn't very helpful, but since I'm not in your shoes, it's pretty hard. Good luck though.