1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help deciphering what's going on in her mind.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by addie88, Apr 1, 2012.

1. addie88

Sorry for the long post. I'm just...extra confused. I'd appreciate any advice.

So there's this girl.

Here are the facts:
    -she's my age
    -she knows I'm gay
    -she's straight, BUT...
    -she's told me more than once that she'd be open to experimenting with girls
    -this last one's a little weird. before I told her about my sexuality, she jokingly flirted with me all the time. the typical high school flirting-with-the-same-sex-just-to-be-funny kind of thing. and then I came out to her, and she wasn't disgusted like I thought she'd be; in fact, she kept flirting.
    -when I say flirting, I'm not jumping to conclusions. she'll touch my face and leg and hold my hand and give me seductive looks.
    -it's driving me crazy, because recently I've started to become attracted to her.

So...what this sounds like is that she's bicurious, and interested in me. But she is definitely straight... I give her advice about guys all the time, and we're pretty close friends... we were at a party tonight, and my other good friend dared us to kiss, in exchange for us daring her to drink a disgusting concoction of soda, cheetos, and pizza sauce. And Lauren (oh yeah, that's the original girl's name, by the way) seemed all for it.

But I'm just confused because, like I said before, I'm started to become attracted to her, and this part is kind of embarrassing, but even as we were just talking about it, I was getting slightly turned on. And I feel like if we were to do the dare (because we decided to put it off, since her parents were there) then I wouldn't be able to stop myself from getting into it, and then she would know that I actually want to do this-- because as of now, she thinks I have no feelings for her and the only reason I'm doing it is because I never back out on dares. So the confusing part is, I just don't understand what she wants! Does she actually want to kiss me, or is it just because of the dare? Is all of the flirting just for comic effect, like it used to be before she knew about my orientation?

I'm all about being open and honest with people. But I'm afraid that confronting her about this will ruin our friendship....nevertheless, it's driving me insane. It didn't used to. It used to think it was great that she was so comfortable with me that she could pretend to flirt without worrying whether my homo-self would fall in love with her or something. But now, I don't know...I want a girlfriend so bad. And she's straight. And I know that I should just stay away.

Help, please.

2. Leora

I think she's as confused as you are. She might be interested in you, and if you're gonna pursue it you have to prep yourself to know things could go wrong. :frowning2:

3. addie88

I think I want to pursue it, despite the consequences. Now to figure out how exactly to go about doing this.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could just jokingly say to her, you know if your ever want to follow your bicurious urge you know where I am or something like that.