1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning...again?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nemo39122, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Nemo39122

So to explain what's going on, I have to explain my saturday. I was at a fundraiser for my karate school, where we basically turned the place into a nightclub for kids. I was running the front desk (drinks, snacks, etc.) with a friend, actually the friend I came out to a little over two weeks ago. Everything has been great as far as coming out to her, she hasn't acted any different and I feel like I'm not hiding anything from her anymore.

Anyway, at some point during this night I realized...I think I like her. Which sucks a little bit by itself; she's straight, liking friends is awkward, mainly because she's straight...

That's not really my problem though. It's what this led me to thinking. I realized...this friend? Girl. Person I liked before that? Girl. Before that? Girl. Before that? Girl. You get the point...I'm mostly convinced this is just a coincidence. Unlike girls, I don't know many guys around my age so it's reasonable that I wouldn't like as many guys. Right? Maybe I'm just making excuses.

I'm basically questioning my orientation...again. What I'm wondering is...it possible to be 100% sure of your orientation (in my case, bisexual), then question it again, but end up realizing you're still the same(bi)? I'm really stressing myself out over this, even though I keep telling myself that no matter who I am, it's ok. I just don't want to go through the whole questioning thing again... :bang:

2. Waffles

Awww, the straight friend crush.
    Dontcha HATE how they just creep up on ya?

My first question is this: HOW are you attracted to her?
    Is it because of her looks/appearance?
    If that's the case, then that's a natural feeling. I'll admit it; there are guys I've crushed on before but have only come to realize that I only thought they were attractive.
    If that ISN'T the case, then this means you are SEXUALLY attracted to her, right? As in you'd want to be there for her through the good and the bad. You want to hold her in your arms and tell her you love her. You want to be in bed with only a girl and no one else.

The chances are that either a) you may actually be lesbian (NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT), or b) the girls you've seen are generally more attractive and you just haven't met the right guy. Either way, you don't need to question this too hard. If anything, put it on the back burner and come to it at a later time. :3

I hope at least SOMETHING I've said has made sense. XD
    Stay strong! *hug*

3. Nemo39122

Haha yeah I'm getting pretty familiar with the straight friend crushes. Frustrating every time!

As far as how I'm attracted to her...I don't know. I mean, looks/appearance is definitely part of it. But I don't think it's a huge part; she's just an awesome person. It's like I care about her differently than my other friends...I don't know how to explain so I should just leave it at that lol

Anyway, thanks for replying and yes you actually made sense :lol: (*hug*)

4. MeAndAyla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think you need to stress over it right now either. Chances are you will question it a lot. But the most important thing is that you realized you are attracted to girls too, if not just girls.