1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressed Out Again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Apr 1, 2012.

1. secretguyX

I really think I have some sort of problem. I can never concentrate on my work, whether I'm on the computer/tv or not, and no matter how early I start it. I always seem to end up doing it till 2 am the night before. Right now I have to write an outline, half of an essay, do two questions pertaining to that essay, do half a worksheet, and finish two labs. I have to hand it in tomorrow, because the marking period grades have to be in. I just can't finish this stuff, I don't know why. I'm going to the neurologist in a week or so, because my mom thinks I may have ADHD or something similar. But I don't know what to do right now. Sometimes (not right now) I have panic attacks because I'm so stressed out. Actually I had more stress last week with softball tryouts, but I could do my work and be in bed by midnight. Now that I made the team, I'm back to my old problems of not being able to do my work.

2. colorful

I'm not sure what to tell you. I do the exact same thing. I sit there with my homework out thinking I'm going to work on it and even if I'm not on the internet or anything I just can't seem to get it done. I can't seem to focus on anything. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even thinking. Like times goes by, but I'm frozen and when I thaw out it's 9:00 at night and all I have done is a question. I would say going to the doctor to see if it is ADHD is good, but is there something that is maybe on your mind that you should go see a therapist about? I thought that would help me and maybe it is, though I think I need a different one.

3. secretguyX

A therapist may help a bit, but I don't even know what I'd tell them. My life's not even that bad right now, well compared to how it was anyway. And I don't really want to tell my mom that I want to see a therapist, because then she'd be asking me a bunch of questions about what's going on in my life, and I don't know if I really want her to know I'm gay.