1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think... I repressed being myself?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Olive, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Olive

I've been thinking since I first realized I was trans that I wasn't really feminine in my childhood and that this whole thing didn't set in until around Christmas 2 years ago when I first was effected by depression. But since then, I've remembered a plethora of things that should have been telltale signs of this, the most recent being the remembering that in first grade I would put on these clip-on earrings that my teacher had in a box that we'd play with on rainy days.

I feel like even then I knew that the whole trans thing was taboo and just repressed the shit out of it until I would just totally forget about everything. I've just realized that this isn't a new thing and that I really have been affected by this my whole life.

I guess I don't really need advice or support, just a place to throw this to the public.

2. Jim1454

I think we can all see the signs in hind sight. It can be frustrating at times, but there's nothing you can do about the past other than accept it and make the most of today.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    most of us went through that in some way.

(*hug*)

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Yeah, sometimes is funny to look back and realize how many "signs" we missed or ignored that hinted to us being a certain way. The good news is that once we "get it" then we have our whole life ahead of us to make it right :slight_smile:

5. Vabrug

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sooo true... Some memories just gets me wondering... how long am I feeling like this?
    Wow... there are signs everywhere in past, huh? :wink:

6. Olive

But I'm not sure now if I can say I've always known or not... I mean, do you all think I DID know and just repressed it until I forgot about it? Or that it was just a normal thing that everybody does and I only remember it now because it's relevant to my needs?