1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Idea what to think

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Muggsy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Muggsy

Muggsy Guest

I have no idea how to take this. I'm not out except for online and I met one guy and we've been talking for awhile now and even though it's bad, we've decided to meet. Now he's in an open relationship so that means no chance for me which I've come to terms with but I still really like the guy and just want to be friends. Last time we tried to meet up he got sick and this time he never showed up. I texted him, called him and he hasn't been on msn yet, so either there's a really good reason and I'm just over reacting or he doesn't want to meet me... I don't understand why he just wouldn't tell me that instead of letting me look like a fool walking around the mall looking for someone I'll never find... I have no idea what to think anymore because as sad as it sounds, it's the first guy I've wanted to become closer to for his personalilty and not his looks...

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This guy may not be in a open relationship after all. It kind of sounds like he's been leading you on and now having second thoughts. It's difficult getting over your first crush but you might just need to move on. We're here for you if you want to talk and let us know what happens.

3. InaRut

Hmm....Maybe he actually is just sick...I say just be patient. Love, any degree of it (from hate to a liking to) can drive anyone mad. And the more up the degree is the worse it becomes. Take a breath and be rational.

However, this guy could just be blowinng these things off because he's nervous about meeting you. Or, because he's in a "relatioship" the other boyfriend suddenly decided he doesn't want the guy meeting with you.

However, rationally he could of been sick, and he could just be busy. Be patient. If you jump to conclusions you could find yourself in a mess.

4. Muggsy

Muggsy Guest

Thanks guys. I think I'll be taking you up on that offer of talking lol. and you are so right, it's really hard to get over your first crush and it really doesn't help being not out, but high school these days people are so stupid and I'm not ready to face that at all. Oh and I know this guy is in an open relationship, he's fooled around with other guys. He did say he was having 'boy problems' never expanded on that but he did say it was fine for us to meet after Christmas. As for today's meeting attempt, I don't know if he was sick or anything today... I really want to give him another call but then again it seems to me that would be over reacting or maybe he honestly forgot, but if he did I guess that really tells me how much he'll value our friendship

5. InaRut

True, if he did forget that's pretty mean.
    And if that does happen I think you might reconsider your view on this persons personality. If he continues to blow you off (and not in a good way hehe) like this then maybe it's a good thing you didn't meet with him. Because what kinda of person would just ditch you and not leave you any reason why?

Careful...those rose colored glasses make it hard to see sometimes.
    haha

6. Muggsy

Muggsy Guest

Ya but the thing is he's such a nice guy and as stupid as it sounds we have alot in common and as far as I know we get along pretty well... and another problem is that even though I haven't met him somehow he's managed to get me hung up on him, it's so weird! Also I'd feel really bad if I freaked out on him if he had a good reason but all the same I'm pretty pissed off and I want to approach it in a good way but it's so hard to. Haha I think it's those glasses that are causing me my problem right now lol. I just have no idea what to do and I really want to talk to him but I'm not sure how he'd take it...