1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time poster, long time reader

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YellowWalrus, Apr 2, 2012.

1. YellowWalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well this is it my first ever attempt at forum posting! hello all
    Anyways the reason im posting is because ive been reading all your posts and after awhile i came out to my friends and mom, now im openly gay for the whole world to see and its because of this site! :slight_smile:
    So my issue is this, ive been trying to meet new people obviously trying the online dating thing without much success, ill messege girls and some actually want to meet me, the catch is they meet me and then tell me theyre just wanting sex or already taken! WTF like why have your profile say your single and then turn around and tell me after i meet you that your in a relationship, the nerve of some peoples children!
    So i guess my question is how do you all go about meeting new people, ive learned that SOME people arent truly as genuine as i am in my endevours.

Also a big thank you to everyone whos posts ive read, and sorry for never replying :icon_bigg:lol::kiss:

2. Lewis

Hey, welcome to EC! I pretty much did the same thing for a while before I decided to sign up (I'm still pretty new). I'm really glad that some of the posts on here helped you to come out and find happiness!

In regards to the dating, I'm not the best person to be giving advice! But I wish you the very best of luck! :slight_smile:

3. YellowWalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey thanks for the kind words! i always liked this site felt so warm and welcoming, even though i was kinda creeping for awhile haha. seeing peoples posts, and feeling like yeah i get what these people are going through, made me feel less alienated from the world. Good luck to you aswell! like your pic btw haha :wink:

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to the posting side of EC! :wink: I'm glad that it was helpful even if you weren't posting.

As for getting to know people, it can get a bit complicated sometimes because you are going to have to look in the right places. Since you want to meet more LGBT people, then the trick is to go to more LGBT events around your area if there are any. Do you know if there are any LGBT groups around your area? Maybe some activities like running, biking and things like that?

5. YellowWalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    actually theres a place known as the "gay bar" called the only id like to go to i dont know if any of my friends would join me, i could just show up randomly and be all like Hey how you doin' :wink: that wouldnt be weird right LOL i just feel like im ready to be myself and not care what anyone thinks of me anymore so id try anything once or twice, Good advice i appreaciate it! :icon_bigg

6. Lewis

I feel wayyyy less alienated after joining, I've never ever spoken so openly about myself and it's such a huge relief. And thanks, I thought I may as well find some amusement out of such a tough situation! :lol: