1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to tell my friend I'm gay... But!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by King, Apr 2, 2012.

1. King

King Guest

For some reason I just can't.
    Honestly, I think I'm most comfortable telling her over anyone I've ever told. I don't know why, but it'd mean a lot to me for her to know. I've never wanted to tell someone more before!
    So the other day at work (we're co-workers), I made a joking comment about the fact that I stutter when I talk too fast, and that is "why I'm alone". She told me I'm alone because I wanted to be - perfect! The best set up to tell her.

Me: I don't want to be alone.
    Her: Well, you KNOW there's people who'd date you! (Referring to one girl who has a crush on me.)
    Me: But they aren't my type.
    Her: Why not? What is your type?

And I froze. I was going to say "I prefer more... Masculine :icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink people."
    But I couldn't. I wasn't even going to say "gay". Just hint that I'm gay.
    I don't know... I guess I'm just looking for a place to talk about it. I don't know what sort of advice I can get... But if you have some, throw it at me :confused:

(P.S. I ended up just telling her that I couldn't really answer the question, because she ended up asking if I prefer bigger girls, smaller girls, or what kind of people 'turned me on'. I told her it was a complicated question to answer but I don't think she got that I was trying to tell her something.)

2. secretguyX

Sometimes the people you want to tell the most are the hardest ones to tell, because their opinions matter the most to you. It takes a hell of a lot of courage to tell people sometimes, and that's not something anyone can help you with, you just have to push yourself to come out and say it. You could bring up this conversation again next time you talk to her, saying, "Remember when you were asking me what my type was?" or something like that, and say that your type is guys. But no one else can do this for you but yourself. Good luck! :icon_bigg

3. King

King Guest

This seems easy enough, because we have that sort of friendhsip :slight_smile:
    Thanks a lot Secretgirlx! x