1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by izzyblue1456, Apr 2, 2012.

1. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Debating whether or not coming our to my friends and people at work. I live in iowa and work at a farm store with some very conservative people and i dont know how they would take it. ive told then i was gay back when i was still figuring it out for myself but they thought i was joking. i dont know if i should tell them or not.

2. stupidIvan

The only thing I can say is if you feel it's the right time and that they should really know, go for it! Try to really address it as a serious situation. No need to rush into something you're not comfortable with, remember that!

3. insidehappy

if it is right for you, then you should do it, but really ask yourself what will you gain from coming out to these people. are they supportive? is there potential dating opportunities there? are they really close to you? if you feel like it's safe and meaningful to do so, then go for it. coming out is a very personal thing so i think its kinda like when you're dating someone. everyone has issues. however, the dating experts always say its best to avoid talking about core issues (im depressed, i have abondonment issues, i get clingy, etc.) on the first date. just enjoy the time and see if this is something that is worthy of you sharing an intimidate part of yourself with. same with friends and coworkers. if they are not worth it, i wouldn't go there.