1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the closet putting up a fake straight front..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SteelCityGuy, Apr 2, 2012.

1. SteelCityGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you think that a guy that is still in the closet will put up a front of wanting a straight lifestyle, kids, and talk about girls e.t.c..but they dont even have a GF...? the person in question stares at other me alot and is somewhat touchy feely, shows some gay mannerisms...why the front? since I have shown interest/flirted with him also, but he dosn't know I'am gay/bi for sure...are they just confused.?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a whole lot of reasons why they might be saying something like that - it could be a front to protect themselves if it turns out you're not gay, it could be something they're just used to saying to hide, or it could be something they really mean. From your last post it sounded like you had some reason to believe the guy might actually be gay - why not try a few test runs? See if he laughs at the right jokes, knows the right movies and pop culture references, and so on.

3. insidehappy

when you are in denial sometimes this "front" helps you feel ok. sometimes you just want to test the waters of your attractions but not really act on them. this could be what he is doing. also he could be straight. just because you have "gay mannerisms" does not mean you're gay. you're only gay if you like the same sex predominantly more than the opposite. i would suggest just being his friend and seeing where things go. spending energy trying to decode gay signs really ends usually no where. you could be right. he could be gay but if he is not ready to fully come to terms with it, whether you are right or wrong is meaningless.