1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down about the future

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zaio, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi again EC :slight_smile:

Just a question here - What is dating like as an adult?

At only 15 I have never had a relationship, I have yet to expierence watching movies a lot, making out sessions without going further, texting all day and night, going to eachothers houses most days out of the week.

I'm afraid that in the future it won't be like this... I know you can't expect to see eachother every day as an adult as people have work/collage/university.

It's getting me really down to think that when I FINALLY meet another gay guy who wants a relationship, the first making out session will immediately lead to something else, and you just generally won't have the same nice, innocent relationship as a teenager.

So can anyone shed some light on this?

2. BudderMC

I feel like there's a large misconception that all teenage relationships are 'innocent'. In fact, if I could guess (using anecdotal evidence), most are far from it.

I think you could expect that a relationship between young adults might be 'nicer' in a way. People are theoretically more mature, and consequently, won't have drama for the sake of drama. That's not to say that it doesn't happen, but if it does, it's for a good reason (probably).

And why do you need to see your significant other every day? I haven't dated yet, but I don't see the point in it. If you're spending ALL of your time with them, what did you spend all your time doing before you met them? You had other people in your life, right? What happened to them?

I dunno, I just don't see why people drop everything for a relationship. There's more to life than romance, you know.

EDIT: And if you meet a guy (gay or otherwise) who wants a relationship, he probably isn't going to 'go further' than making out if you indicate you don't want to. So I wouldn't worry about that.