1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homes Problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ilayis, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

My mom had me leave the house cause of her wanting to be alone to chat with her boyfriend.I think they are having problems.
    Everytime he has a problem with us,he tells my mom and not us,so I think he is stressing her out.I left the other night at 1am and when I came back at night,my mom said if I'm going to do that I should live somewhere else.I know he told her to tell me,cause he certainly won't,and my mom would never want me to leave.I barely leave so late at night anyways.
    I really don't know what to do. I have three places to live.

The first one has no home phone,so I can't get calls for jobs.

The second one has too many people in it,and I know my grandpa would have a problem with more people moving in,even if I am his grandson.

The third my moms boyfriend has a problem with me staying at the house all day,but it's far from town and I can't afford the gas to go to town everyday.Even if I did leave,I don't have a cellphone,so I'd need to stay home to get the calls for possible jobs opportunities.

Any suggestions on what I could do,my mind's kind of blank at the moment? Thanks!

2. step49x

So, you a) need somewhere to live, and b) need a phone for your job hunting. Scratch out your first option, as it has no home phone. Were you saying your third option was your mom's house, that you just got kicked out of? If so, scratch that off the list. I guess you could try asking your grandpa, and explaining your living situation. It does sound like your current best bet.

One question: so, you've been kicked out of your mom's house, right? Is this short term, or permanently?

Good luck in figuring this all out.

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Well,I didn't get kicked out,they just said if I was going to leave at a very early hour that it would be best if I live somewhere else.I know my grampas' is my best bet,but I hate to be a bother to him.
    (sigh) As my mother says,"Your heart can be your worst enemy!"

4. LorenzG1950

Why not try to get a prepaid cell phone which you use only to receive calls and for emergencies. Then you can go for option 1. Or how about your mom buying a cell phone for you?

5. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

my moms got too many financial problems for me to be bugging her about a cellphone.I totaly forgot about prepaid cellphones,thanks.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I was going to suggest a pay-as-you-go cellphone too. It will allow you to receive and make calls wherever you are. It will always be you that answers so you don't have to rely on people taking and passing on messages.

If you can't afford to get a new one, see if any of your friends are upgrading theirs and can give or sell you the old one. You may need to get a new SIM card but that should be fairly cheap.

Then the presence or absence of a phone will not be an issue in your decision, so option 1 is available again.

7. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

thanks again for the help and info