1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TG help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kazukokat, Apr 4, 2012.

1. kazukokat

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am currently very seriously considering undergoing the TG process from M to F and I keep having thoughts that with work and everything that I will end up not being able to pay the bills and it will make me regret the decision. I am a M 19 and live in Utah which is a right to work state but the fact that I live no more than 20 minutes from the big mormon temple itself(BTW I am not mormon) makes it harder because most employers here are not willing to help with such things. If anyone has any advice or is willing to share there TG story I am looking for some inspiration or some good conversation to make me think before I spend money on the therapy in order to start the hormone treatment.

2. sweetiebee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm new here and might not be much help, but my girlfriend is part way through her MtF transition, although she's a lot older than you and we're in the UK. From the point of view of a loved one, it's been heartening and lovely seeing her blossom into who she felt she was meant to be, and relax into herself. I guess you can't put a price on that.
    Are you a member of any of the trans forums on the internet? There are several, and you'll get good support there if you join and post.

Ultimately only you can decide, but from most of the trans stories I've heard, the person NEEDS to do it and feels driven to it. Some suppress it for some time, others cant afford any surgery or even hormones but they still live as their chosen gender and that brings them a feeling of peace and right-ness. It's up to you where you are, but there are ways of starting to embrace your femininity that don't require money that you could do while you continue to weigh up the economic pros and cons of what is a HUGE choice.
    Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. kazukokat

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankyou for that, I do some cross dressing now and I strive to be comfortable with who I am inside but what I am fighting with mainly is the part of having to deal with my family afterwards you know.

4. I also wonder about this. Every now and then I'll have dreams about being a girl, where others see me a girl, and I am actually able to pass off as one successfully. I'm always so happy in all of those dreams. I know dreams are a reflection of the subconscious, so who knows what it could mean.. :confused:

If there's one thing I know to be true, it is that you must be who you are. Self-denial brings depression, and life is too short not to be happy. I figure there's always ways to express one's femininity, you could just shave your legs and arm pits. I'm sure wearing something like regular lip gloss wouldn't hurt either. Most people wouldn't notice it unless they were deliberately looking, and it would make them shiny.:icon_bigg

5. kazukokat

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like those ideas ThinkingZeno86 and I do participate in daily activities dressing in whatever I feel whether it be a skirt/dress or jeans and a t-shirt but I do shave my legs and I should shave my armpits. I want to wear the regular lip gloss day to day it sounds like a good idea and I feel like I could pull it off.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I know you want to start transitioning as soon as possible, but lets take it one step at a time. While surgery is main goal for a lot of people, there are a lot of steps that you must take in order to get there, and a lot of people find out that they don't necessarily want all the surgeries at the end of the day.

That being said, the first step is to start talking to a therapist who specializes on transgender issues. Your therapist will be able to answer more of your questions and can help you out decide whether or not you want to start talking about transitioning. A lot of therapist will work with you when it comes to money so even if you don't think you can afford it go ahead and contact someone. If there is a trans community or an LGBT center around your area then they should also be able to help you contact someone who won't charge you a ridiculous amount. Keep in mind that some health insurance policies cover some therapy so you can also check that option.

Have you thought about coming out to your parents? The whole process will be much easier for you if you don't have to try and hide everything from them.