1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking-- not acting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pain, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Hey :slight_smile:
    Well, I'm thinking about coming out. To a couple people actually-- ok just in general... :confused:
    First off:
    I was thinking about telling my older sister. She isn't home a lot, but when she is we can get along, but don't, weirdly enough. She has some gay friends where she is, and loves them. But I just don't know and can't predict how she would react to me being gay. Her brother... Should I just go on and tell her or what? I don't know if it's just because she's away that I'm thinking better of her, or what. Well, what could it hurt? I suppose if I pluck up the courage, at some point, I will.
    Lastly:
    I want my friends to know that I'm gay. Like my whole crew. But going about it is weird. It kinda helps that they're away for a little while and I have some time to plan on things... but know they would be supportive and good (*hug*) so is this hesitation good for me?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're pretty sure they'll be supportive, you can feel comfortable making the step. For your friends, you can tell them in person if you want to. Or if you'd rather let them all know at once, and not have to bother rounding them all up into a room together, you can send them an e-mail. Just draft it so it's clear you're serious, you're not kidding, and you're sure. :slight_smile:

For your sister, up to you. If you contact each other when she's away, you can use that source - e-mail, phone, whatever. Or if you want to wait until she comes home, that's fine, too.

Lex

3. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're sister is accepting of her gay friends, then she should be accepting of you somehow. And it really depends on your mates, whether they're close-minded or not. I mean lots of guy friends aren't so worth having as friends, and many are less accepting then females, so be careful we're you're going with this. Other than that, I wish you luck.

4. Waffles

I think you should tell your sister! :3
    If she has gay friends, then that must say SOMETHING about her viewpoint of gays.

As for your friends, I'm in the process of coming out to them, and I find that only telling one or 2 at a time helps. Tell the friends you KNOW won't say anything without your consent, and work your down that list. That way, you'd be allowing your friends to digest the news.

Whatever you end up doing, just be proud of who you are! Don't ever let people try to change you: if they can't accept you, then it's THEIR loss; they'd be missing out on a really nice person.

Stay stong, and good luck! *hug*

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

... I meant "strong", not "stong". XD