1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out and now I feel wrong...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by October, Apr 4, 2012.

1. October

Okay, so I just came out to one of my gay guy friends (like 15 minutes ago) and I was really relieved. I was so glad I told him and it's weird because we are both the others one-person-of-the-OPPOSITE-sex-i-like person so coming out to him felt right and we talked a lot and I felt a lot better. But he was completely shocked. Did not suspect it at all and couldn't believe it but he's pretty happy because there is someone else that can relate to having random feeling for someone of the opposite sex. We both question being bi but aren't sure.

Sounds like things went okay, right? It was until I got home and thought about it and now I am so scared. I don't plan on coming out to anyone else for a while but I am so scared that What if I was wrong? What if I just changed this flirtationship with this guy i really like because I told him that I was attracted to girls and he was the only guy I ever liked. I am like freaking out right now. I am just really really scared that I made a mistake. Is it normal to feel this way after coming out for the first time?

2. Chickzak

Hey October :slight_smile: Just noticed your 10 posts, so fairly newbie-ish :slight_smile: Welcomes!
    About your situation, seriously dont worry, I'm so with you there about how you're feeling. Was feeling the exact same way not so long ago when I came out to a real close friend. Its difficult because you feel great at the time, to get it of your chest and talk about it openly, but when you get home and really think about what you said and sort .. analyse (if thats the right word :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) their behaviour and how they reponded, it then sort of hits you about what you said. For me, I felt like I wish I had limited the amount I said to the friend I came out to and over-though it a little and had a crazy time crying over it (... I know right xD) But seriously,dont worry. Its so good that you came out to your friend, so they're always there for you if you want to talk and especially cool that he's gay too, so there's less awkwardness.

It seems he was ok with it, if he's happy, then why are you worried? He was ok and accepting of the fact you like girls, so thats a relief! What if you were wrong? That's ok! I sometimes think telling my friend was silly, what if its not me.. but only you know yourself - you know what you're thinking and feeling and whats right in your head. Say, a couple of years later, it turns out you like guys after all? That's ok right, you dont have to have to have toooooo like girls just because you've said it out loud. Sometimes things change.. you've just got to go with it.

*smile* flirtationship? Hehe :slight_smile: I think sharing secrets brings people together, so you know telling him will bring you guys closer. You're likely to talk so much more often and discuss things that worry you. You know you're feelings best girl, dont worry. Seems you're a little confused and worried and.. happy all at the same time xD Dont worry!!
    Everyone has different experiences, some might say its normal to feel like this, I certainly did, others might see it as a massive relief and leave it at that. I dont know, you are your own person!!
    You'll get through it, just chill ..!!

Let me know if I can help you in any kind of way xD Just write a wall message.. or a telepathic message or something xD EC will help you get through your confusion!!!
    :grin: Xx (*hug*)

Edit.. seems I've written some sort of novel. haha! Sorry its long, hope you're ok :grin:

3. October

Thank you so much! I'm just really confused because I was sure I was lesbian then straight then bi then back too lesbian and now leaning towards bi again. I'm just scared now :3 I was hoping he would be like "I know haha" so either I don't givevoff the vibe or his gaydar is broken lol

4. Chickzak

:lol: Gaydar broken hey? .. at least it worked xD Mines is totally backwards..!! Cant tell at all

And hey, you dont have to put a label on things, maybe just see where your feelings take you? Its hard, because some people feel secure labelling themselves (.. like me for instance :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) , if that works for you, then you should definetly explore your sexuality further and put a name to what you feel or who you are. If not, just take it easy. Sit back.. and chill xD Hehe I make it sound so easy, but sometimes when you catch yourself thinking about your sexuality, try looking at it from a different angle and understand why you feel that way. Or find reasons to why you could be a lesbian or straight. Try writing it on paper? That helps loooods xD

Also, it might help you to talk to your friend a little more, just to talk to someone about it. Just constantly thinking about it doesnt get you anywhere. And there aer so many threads and friends on EC to help you too!! .. like me! :grin:

Oh, hey October dont be scared! (*hug*) to you. Sucks so bad when you go through a really confused state which lasts for a really short periood time, where you have no idea what to do with yourself, but dont worry we're always here to help you :slight_smile:

Hope you're a little ok :grin: *smile*

#4 Chickzak, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  5. greeneyes

Agreed with everything Chickzak has written. =)