1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in or out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by skyance, Apr 4, 2012.

1. skyance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm the only out person in my school, but recently I found out that my sports coach is also gay. I have never explicitly told her, but she can tell because I'm utterly blatant. We are in this awkward -I know, you maybe know, but let's not talk about it phase - which frustrates me. I am always angling for contact (love this phrase), but I also want to respect her privacy, so I have resolved not told any of my friends (my impetus for telling them being preserving my sanity and not just to spread gossip). I do this with pretty much every perceivably gay adult at science fairs and such, only my coach is actually going to be in my life for more than a couple of hours.

Is it better to ignore our mutual gayness or just drop a titanic hint and get it out?

2. MeAndAyla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think you have to ignore it but you don't have to bring it up either. If she wants people to know, she will talk about it, just like you would. Most coaches will talk about their families--husbands or wives--if they want to. I'd guess she would do the same. If you feel closer to this coach, you could bring it up in privacy so she doesn't feel like she needs to hide it.

3. insidehappy

she is an adut and you are a student. her personal life is her personal life and should not be interwined with yours unless she offers up that information. teachers these days have to keep a very strict distance away from kids because all they need is one student to say the teacher did or said something inappropriate and then everything is on the teacher. my suggestion to you is if she doesnt offer anything up, then its not somethign you should ask her or talk to her about. i suggest finding a youth lbgt center in your area to bond with other lesbians and gay teens and peer counselors.