1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plays gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by javgier, Apr 5, 2012.

1. javgier

i have a friend who is straight but he plays gay he rapes his friends by dryhumping them. and everyone laughs. he tried humping me and im not gunna lie i punched his stupid ass. he was pissed and i told him he tried to hump me. (he has no idea im gay) terribly awkward when i go to his house. i still wanna be his friend but i cant really stand what he does. anyone get what i mean?

2. dreamcatcher

Just tell him that it makes you uncomfortable when he starts dry humping you because you need your personal space. And then apologize for the punch and say you still wanna be friends, you just don't want him getting all up in your space.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are naturally very "touchy-feely", but this is a bit over the line. I think it's very reasonable to just tell him you aren't comfortable with him doing that and that you'd like to be friends but need him to respect your physical boundaries.

Now... I'll also say... it is *possible* that he is exploring his own feelings about who he's attracted to and feeling some attraction toward guys, particularly if his "humping" is always with guys. But it could also be that he's genuinely very comfortable with his sexuality and just grew up in a setting where hugging and touching is natural and comfortable for him.

So I wouldn't make any assumptions, but I wouldn't rule anything out either. Just focus on the friendship and get to know him and let it evolve from there.

4. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i used to know someone like this...i found that i had three options that worked when getting him to stop lol. you could ignore him, doesn't make him stop but its an option, you could say it makes you feel uncomfortable but if he is anything like the guy i knew when i was in high school that wont really do anything, or you could turn the tables and find a way to make him uncomfortable everytime he er dryhumps you. it worked for me not sure if it works both ways

5. Leora

Oh, I know someone like this. He actually is gay, however, and grabs all our female friend's boobs and touches them up because 'he's gay, so it's okay'. Luckily he doesn't consider me a friend, so I'm free from it, but it bothers me to see him do it to my friends. But I can only stand up for them when they object a little themselves, otherwise I just appear a total weirdo.

I think you just gotta tell him upfront you're not okay with it. If it doesn't stop there, then maybe you'll have to end the friendship, but put a foot down before you consider that.

6. cscipio

I like Fatalmoon's advice - make him uncomfortable back. In my early 20's, I had a friend who used to grab my ass a lot. I turned around and grabbed his junk (was in the closet at the time). He didn't like it and got a little pissed. I threw right back at him that he was grabbing my ass all the time.

Honestly, either way I win. He stopped unknowningly teasing me and I was happy. He could have also taken that for an invitation which would have made me equally as happy.