1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploring, how to?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rx79g, Apr 5, 2012.

1. rx79g

So I think I'm finally narrowing in on my sexuality, but I think I need to actually try being with a guy (not necessarily sexually) to know for sure. The problem is I'm stuck in a three part paradox.

1.) I can't know my sexuality until I try dating a guy.
    2.) I can't find a guy to date unles I'm out (or astronomically lucky).
    3.) I can't come out until I know my sexuality.

I have no clue what to do. I really want to try going out with a guy, or even just kissing a guy would be helpful, but I don't know how. To compound the problem I'm in highschool so I can't go to a bar, or even a GSA meeting because I'm afraid word would get around and I'd never hear the end of it. I just feel so helplessly stuck. Has anyone else been in this situation and have an good ideas?

p.s. I know a lot of people don't need to be with a guy before they know they're gay but I think I really do.

2. fireworks

fireworks Guest

you could try going to an LGBT youth club if there are any in your area? or if you do have any friends who are openly gay they might be able to introduce you to someone xx