1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zanich, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To date I've came out to only a few people. Problem is one of them I used to be pretty close friends with and now I rarely talk to. She actually told another of my friends without asking me and now that we rarely talk I'm not sure whether or not she would tell other people. It might not be that big a deal, but I was just wondering whether I should say something or just leave it be? Maybe she forgot :\

2. cardenio

I think you should definitely call her out on it. She spread around something that you told her in confidence to at least one other person without your permission, and that is not ok. Since you say that now you're not as you close as you used to be, it's not like you're jeopardizing your friendship with her by bringing this up.

3. colorful

I think that you should definately say something to her about it. It was not her place. I don't think that it should deter you from telling others though if you feel that you want to tell them.

4. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll take these into consideration though I wouldn't even know what to say to her. Just seems like it would be a little awkward to bring up.