1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely nervous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Travel Tech, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Travel Tech

Guys, I think I may be gay. I mean, I'm not a hundred percent certain or anything, but I know place heterosexual just above "secretly an advanced android designed to believe it's a human". Like, I was just thinking today and said to myself, "who are you kidding 'my name', you are definitely gay" and in my mind I sort of just answer, "yeah, I know". So anyway, the reason why I'm nervous is because I'll be with my family for Easter and I kind of want to say something to my mom about it. She's really awesome and would totally be fine with it, but I'm still really nervous.

2. October

Is this one of the first time being gay has seriously crossed your mind? It sounds like your still trying to figure it out for yourself:slight_smile: i wouldn't show up at easter and be like "thanks for the chocolate bunny and by the way I'm gay." though I'm sure you wouldn't do that. I guess what im trying to say is dont jump to conclusions. I have known my sexuality for three years and i just came out to someone yesterday(no literally) and i still question it. Now if you want to talk to her about homosexuality in general then more power to you! I'm jealous that you know she'll be fine with it if you decide you are definitely gay haha lucky duck

3. Travel Tech

Well, it would probably be more of a "I think I might be gay" sort of thing.

4. October

If you can talk about this openly with your mom then I think that is wonderful:slight_smile: You feel like you're ready to talk about it with another person so go for it. If she is accepting about it as you say she is then don't be nervous! Take a deep breath and say it.

5. Vesper

You should tell her, even while you're not 100% sure (I doubt many people really ever get to 100%). Having someone to talk to about it at this stage can really help you figure things out, and take some of the stress/anxiety out of the process, at least IMO.

6. Trixxster

If you're sure tell her. If you're unsure just tell her you're questioning or bi. As for being nervous, well we can't help that. If you want to tell her just do it. If you're too nervous you could write a letter or just break the ice and talk about homosexuality to start with.

7. colorful

I basically just did the whole "I think I'm gay" with everyone and it has worked out pretty well for me. I would suggest that you not tell people who you don't think will be really okay with it though as the "I think" part might make them not believe you. For me it has been really helpful to have a support group in figuring everything out. I just feel so much more relaxed around everyone that knows then those who don't.

8. socalguitarguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I agree with the others. For the longest time I thought that I needed to figure it out 100% myself before I told anyone, because I was afraid of telling people "I'm gay" and then later on deciding I wasn't and having to take it back. But in reality, opening up to people while still being in the questioning phase has helped me with the process. It's a lot to try to handle on your own. So, if you think she'd be accepting I say go for it.