1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Liz94, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Liz94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, I'm new to this site and I need some help.

I think I am genderqueer.

For years now...well for as long as I can remember I have has days where I wake up and feel like a boy...I act boyish, where boyish/unisex type clothes....but than other days I wake up and feel like a girl...I act girly... where femmine clothes etc.

I thought that it was just becuase I was a lesbian...and I put it too one side.

But then today I heard the term genderqueer....and someone was describing why they identify as genderqueer. What they described was exactly how I feel.

I know I am biologically female...I don't want to change that...

But how I feel on the inside genderwise changes.

Could this mean I am genderqueer?

Help and advice would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. super confused

It could, and probably does. It sounds like it to me, anyway. It's probably not due to the fact that you're a lesbian; I'm one and I always feel like a girl. Your orientation only has to do with your physical, romantic, and/or emotional attraction to others. Your gender (some, including myself, believe) that it has less to do with your anatomy, and more to do with how you feel inside. It sounds like you are genderfluid (changing between genders). But, if you're not sure, it doesn't matter! One of the people I came out to said, "you don't need to label yourself; don't be anything but you." I like that.

I hope this helps.

3. stupidIvan

super confused is absolutely right!: When thinking of your gender, it is how you feel you are, not so much what you're attracted to. Just because you may be a lesbian, doesn't mean you aren't genderqueer!

You sound very genderfluid to me. You flow and change between two genders, and I'm guessing you feel no dysphoria? That is wonderful, heck, this is all wonderful! Remember: being you is wonderful. :::: )

If you feel you identify with being genderfluid/genderqueer, then go for it!

Sorry, I just realized that I'm really just echoing super confused, so I guess I'm not of help lol! :::<: )

4. Liz94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for that...it did help, I have been away on holiday and coming back to support was really nice. :slight_smile: