1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

indecisive

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Apr 6, 2012.

1. stumble along

Cool so I'm heading to college and I'm stuck with two choices for my intended major (which is apparently very stereotypical for people like me) architecture. And I'm between either Auburn or Clemson and I can't decide. I'm upset over the whole thing because i just fucked up my chances for going back to California (and being a million miles away from my parents and ACTUALLY being slightly happy for once in my miserable price of shit people call a life) but that's not the point. My main question is, which one is more lgbt friendly? Either way it goes I'm going to be rooming with another guy most likely (small chance with a girl) and I don't want it to be too awkward. Meaning that I just want to know my percentages for getting punched in the face

Also we were touring the arch building at clemson and I had one of those awkward staring contests with some donkus and I was feeling stupid and did the winky faced eyebrow raise thing and yeah...

2. Vesper

It appears that neither one has much of an LGBT social scene, though each school does have a few LGBT-oriented campus organizations (pretty par for the course, since most schools do).

I found this assessment of Clemson's LGBT campus climate: Campus Pride: Find Your Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Friendly College or University. Here's a list of campus diversity orgs. and programs: Diversity Education : Clemson University

I couldn't find an entry for Auburn on the Campus Climate Index, but I did find a few threads about whether Auburn is gay-friendly or not: Auburn, Gay Friendly (Wetumpka: 2009, house, neighborhoods) - City-Data Forum, Gay at Auburn? - College Confidential. As for LGBT campus orgs., it has a GSA and a "Spectrum Alliance", which once received national recognition.

All in all, it looks like Auburn might be the better bet.

#2 Vesper, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012