1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she way out of line or am I way off base?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by super confused, Apr 6, 2012.

1. super confused

OK, so this is the next installation in the "I kissed my two best friends" series (their names are Josh and Alice, in case you don't know or don't remember). I thought it was over, and the three of us were just cool again. However, there is one detail I neglected to mention (it just wasn't important until now). There was a third person who was willing to kiss me to help me figure out my orientation. I'll call him James. I didn't want to kiss James at all. And it's not like he's not really good-looking (he is), but he just got out of a long term relationship and he's really hurting over this girl who was horrible to him. It just felt really wrong to kiss him, so I didn't. But, since he was willing to kiss me while hurting over someone else, I think I owe him. I hate owing people. So, I thought I should tell him my news that I'm gay if he wanted to know. I was texting Alice, and I asked her if she thought James might want to know. She said that she and Josh already told him. He asked. She didn't think I'd care.

She didn't ask my permission! She just told someone! That should be my decision. Who is told, and when, and where. I should get to see the reaction if I want to. No one should know until I'm ready for them to know.

And, on a less important note, but one that still adds to my anger, now how do I repay him for what he was willing to do for me, a girl he hardly knows? We've only seen each other a few times, and because he's a nice person, he was willing to kiss me because he knew that I was so confused I wanted to cry. How can I repay that when I have nothing to give?

Should I be angry at Alice and Josh at all? I was going to tell James anyway. I just know that when she said that she and Josh already told James that I'm gay, I was filled up with a sense of betrayal and borderline fury. I just need some perspective and opinions, please.

:angry::***::angry::tantrum:

2. cardenio

They were completely out of line, and I don't think you owe James anything, especially now that he knows why you're not interested in kissing him.

3. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree w/ cardenio.

4. Leora

1. Yes, you have a right to be angry. I think you should try and tell them as calmly as possible that it bothered you and not to do that in future. That's never OK.
    2. You don't owe James anything at all in my opinion.

5. greeneyes

AGREED!!!!!!!!! You should call your friends out on it NOW and set clear guidelines so this doesn't happen again. And no you don't owe him anything.

6. Waffles

1) They had absolutely NO right to tell him, so you have EVERY right to be mad.
    If I were you, I'd call them out on it. They don't have the permission to tell ANYONE
    YOUR personal business.
    2) Personally, I think just being there for him while he deals with his psychopath gf.

Good luck! :3

7. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This.
    Just don't kiss him. It's not worth it. He all ready knows you're not interested in him. So why kiss him?
    And you have a right to be mad. Just talk to your friends in a calm and respected manner, and let them know not to tell anyone else.