1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on meeting LOCAL guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Koll

Hello everyone :3

I'm terrible at this, can't you tell?

Trying to find at least just a date, because my lovelife has been stagnent for the past 6 months and I'm tired of having absolutely nothing.

I found 2 potential guys through friends, one is 20 mins away, and the other is an hour away.. -- They're both taken now.

uh, What do? How can I meet local guys w/o the internet? I'm not too keen on the whole online dating idea? Where are they hiding? :bang:

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry hun but honestly I don't know how many of us can give good advice, those who are single on here are probably in the same boat. Being gay, it's a lot more difficult for us to just go out and meet a guy and start a potential relationship...it's possible, but it's still difficult.

3. Robot

Robot Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know of a gay dating/hook up application that you can download on either your Ipad, Ipod, or other various types of technology.

4. Koll

*shrug* I dunno guys.

the past few weeks i've been so lovesick and nothing can shake how lonely I feel.

5. provehito

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The problem with online dating websites is that they are primarily for hookups/one-night stands :/
    If you are looking for people that share your interests there must be some sort of gay hotspot around/in your area... You're lucky to live in Canada! I am positive you will find some interesting locals :slight_smile:

6. Koll

Exactly..

except I live in a rural dutch town full of homophobic christians :/

7. provehito

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not know what cellphone you might have but you should try an app available for Blackberry's/iOS devices called "******".
    It's known for showing interested people around your area and even shows how distant you are from them. I have tried using it before but it became laggy for me (I have a Blackberry)...

It might also work for Androids...

Look into it!

8. Koll

I have an android

and your app title got sensored..

9. TheAMan

I've been trying to figure this one out myself. If you don't want to do the internet, then the the only thing you can do is wing it.

10. BudderMC

I suppose it's like anyone else looking for a relationship. If you're seeking someone out, go to hotspots: clubs, bars, etc. The only thing is you go to gay bars, gay clubs, etc. (which admittedly, is easier said than done).

Otherwise, you ask out people you meet who you're interested in. You just have to be more cautious about how you approach it. Now's a good time to learn to really read people and their body language :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's a lot easier said than done, because our dating pool is that much smaller, but I suppose it's still possible.

11. dano22

dano22 Guest

Being gay in a small city its hard to find a decent guy who is not married or just looking for sex or just a plain heartless bitch. So I gave up on dating for now hoping when I do move away I will find someone. I had some success with online dating which really gave me confidence but its not the same as a real relationship. I wish there was a decent guy in my city but there just are none right now. It just takes time and it will be worth the wait when your thirty and hopefully you found someone in you life. I don't care if my first serious relationship lasts forever as long as we are happy.

12. Snyder

Why is it that so many people feel the same way but we never run into each-other????

13. sevinup07

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Seems like this is going to be a problem for me too. Don't know how to meet people. Snyder, you're in my area. If only you weren't 14... lol

14. King

King Guest

This might sound like bad advice, but it's what I keep telling myself -

Stay open and positive. Show interest in everybody you talk to (not like, hey-let's-bang interest but hey-I-wanna-know-you interest). Smile a LOT. If there's a cute boy, smile at him! Try to start conversations with people. Put yourself out there.
    By no means am I saying whore yourself out for conversation, but as long as people know you're willing to talk... Do it.
    Good luck, I'm in the same boat :slight_smile: