1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I or not?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UncertainHopes, Apr 8, 2012.

1. UncertainHopes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my friend T said she would take me to Pride after I came out to her, but I am not sure considering im not 100% out, for two reasons: One being that I have this idea that since I'm not fully out, being at pride would in a way be lying to myself. The other reason being I'm scared because If im seen on Tv by a person I know, im dead. So i am scared and confusedR:bang::confused:

2. Thoughtsrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should. This friend gives you a great opportunity, imo.

Going to pride is not lying to yourself, it's about celebrating who you are.

I think that, if you're asking the question, it's because you really want to go but you're scared.

Getting over this fear of being exposed on tv or whatever, for something that you are, is powerfully liberating.

3. Curly

Not everyone who goes to pride is gay. I am really looking forward to my first pride in Toronto with some supportive "straight" friends. You get to see that your not alone and from what I have hear (rightly or wrongly) there can be a lot of half naked hot guys for you to see. Eye candy! Have fun!!