1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13 and My secret came out :c

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nameless, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Nameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im 13 and my secret came out....:bang:
    Its spread all over my school and Im not quite sure what to do :c
    Can someone tell me what to do? Im new to this and if my dad found out he would kill me D: , He's a mean SOB, and racist :icon_sad:
    Sooooo what do I do?

2. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've just gotta say... *hugs* I've been in your boat, albeit to a lesser extent. You've just gotta try to stay strong and confront people if they act like total douchebags about it. This happened to me last year, a text I sent to a girl got out to a group of people who are the most gossipy people I know. But I have a question, did you come out to anyone?

So here's advice: Find out where it all started, and confront this person. If needed take it to the office, more specifically the guidance counselors. (Trust me, they really help.) In response to your dad. If you're not ready to be out, then make sure nothing involving you being bi shows up on Facebook, Twitter, or whatever you have that your dad could possibly see. Just my advice personally.

Hope it helps *hugs*

3. Nameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes actually I came out with my best friend and she was cool with it probably because she has family members that are lesbian. And also BicuriousBoy I was about to comment on your most resent post but I didnt know what do say :c But thanks with the advice ^^
    *hugs back :3*

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Youre welcome, I figured I should share my advice with someone who was in my position. I'd really recommend the guidance counselors, geanted I was forced there by my one friend, she thought I was suicidal, but my guidance counselor did help. I stopped ot at the root of the problem granted one kid lied, we fought, he admitted and know we hate each other, but at least I stopped it. Good luck dude.

5. Mad Man L

Three things:
    1. Just because your friends know, doesn't mean your family will find out. My friends have known I'm bi for >12 months and my family has no clue. If you have facebook, make sure to block him from accessing your wall - for now anyway, just in case someone posts stuff implying you're bi.
    2. Try and find who leaked your secret. Not only to confront him, but to know not to trust him in the future.
    3. If you need any help, seek out help from someone you trust/guidance counsellor.

All in all, it shouldn't be the end of the world. And while it may seem like the whole school knows, truth be told, they probably don't. I remember when I started coming out to multiple people, at one point it appeared to be spreading like wildfire. In fact, there are still a lot of people who don't know.

Ideally, to stop it from spreading, just don't talk about it. Talking about it will only encourage the rumour to spread further. These things can die down quickly.

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And Nameless, if you ever need to talk just hit me up on here. I'm always free...well unless I'm busy. :slight_smile: *hugs again*

7. KaotikPrincess

If it spread across school don't worry, it's not the end of the world. Try and remain calm and be as comfortable as you can with your sexuality no matter what. If someone gives you a hard time either ignore it or confront them and stand up for what you believe in because it's who you are so don't be ashamed of it for one second.

As for your dad, if he finds out he may be mad, he may be disappointed, and he may try to convince you that it's a phase and you don't know what you want but it doesn't change the fact that you are his daughter and you are still very young and he will either shrug it off and never mention it again or he will try and "fix" you. I would suggest to him therapy, sometimes it can help both of you to understand better what you are going through and to get through it together. Who knows it might be a phase, it might not be, I know it wasn't for me. But either way, phase or no phase you need all the support you can get.

If possible try talking to your Mom? Chances are she has gone through the same thing or at least she might be open-minded enough to understand to some extent.

Good luck.