1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daily Life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShayneTaylor, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ShayneTaylor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im struggling with the daily thing here. Im FtM and ive been binding and packing for a month now, but i feel awkward when i need to use the restroom or buy clothes. It's been difficult because even just going to school is weird. Everyone looks ate funny because i'm a girl, but i dont have boobs, or i'm a guy and i dont have any junk.

The restroom situation is just plain akward. I get in trouble for using the guys restroom but im not allowed in the girls restroom? Theres something very wrong there. It feels weird going into the girls because i wear guys clothing, guys hairstyle and a masculine backpack. What is there to expect? Im just trying to relieve myself. I dont understand that.

Then, theres buying clothes. Whenever i ask to be measured, they take me to the womens jeans. I hate that the crotch is so high. Then there's the way it looks. There are sparkles, jewels and feminine aspects. I dont feel comfortable in those type of jeans. I prefer pants meant for guys and gender neutral tee-shirts. I have a hard time getting clothes because my mom wont even correct the employee.

People dont even seem to use pronouns with me. It frustrates me when my parents call me 'baby girl' or 'sweetie' it just makes me feel even less like the person i am. :\

I just need a little bit of help here. Im stressed out.

2. Well maybe you could take it upon yourself to correct them. I don't know what your financial situation is, but maybe you could have yourself measured as far as inseam, length, etc and have jeans custom made? Maybe petition the school to allow you to use the restroom of the sex you identify as? I've heard of some success with that before. I apologize for not being more help.

3. ShayneTaylor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its fine. I could try to petition at school but im not sure how well itll work out

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A petition is a good idea, although in the meantime just try to train yourself to not go during school hours, men's bathrooms are really disgusting so I try to avoid them in general.

And as for your buying close situation, you could just lie and say your buying them for someone else who is a guy, then just tell them your size. It's not the best idea in the world but it might work.

I'm sorry that your parents are having difficulty with this, I guess they are adjusting. Hang in there bud, your doing okay.

5. Curly

Bathroom situations always suck. I'm not transgender, but I look pretty masculine sometimes and I try to avoid bathrooms when I do look more like a guy. Are you in school? I don't know if this can work for you, but could you go to the bathroom during class? This way there would be less people in the hall ways or bathrooms.

As for your parents, have you talked to them about what you feel and want? Sometimes it takes a little while for parents to get used to it.

Good luck!!