1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think gingers are hot?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ArcherySet, Apr 11, 2012.

?

Do you like gingers?

1. Yes! I love gingers! They are extra sexy!!!

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. I love gingers, but no more/less than anyone else.

37 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. I prefer not to date gingers, but some are cute.

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. No, I do not like gingers, period

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

I've been working out a crush on a ginger friend. I think he is beautiful (he is tall, handsome, killer smile blah blah blah) although my friends (the 3 that I've asked) do not agree. 2 are completely indifferent, and 1 gives him 'cute on a good day', and it kind of ticks me off. We usually agree on almost every other guy we see, and we do not agree on this one.

Listening to him, it seems that he has had his fair share of people judging him based on his hair color, and deciding if they want to 'like' him or not. Thanks to the Internet, 'kick a ginger day', and other bad stereotypes, maybe it is harder for guys/girls with red hair and freckles to get a date.

I understand that everyone has personal preferences, and that is fine, but listening to the way people talk, and seeing the negative attitudes out there, it seems like gingers are lumped into a very undesirable category, like how very overweight people are often disregarded and judged based on 1 thing. I've told him that anyone that doesn't see past his hair color is just missing out on something amazing, and I think my crush has helped his confidence a bit.

While I have my own very strong feelings in regards to people who do not like gingers (based solely on their hair color, or the tone of their skin), I will refrain from making negative judgmental statements just to ask if you do or do not like red heads.

#1 ArcherySet, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  2. Artemicion

Er...I thought everyone has their own preferences? Personally, I think they're fine...but I can't really judge without pictures, not that I want to see ha!...but how do you even describe someone you find attractive other than: cute, hot, sexy....? Lol! You like what you see and thats that.

3. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you find him attractive why does it matter what your friends will agree with? My friends don't agree with the relationship I have with my husband but they're not the ones dating him. My husband is kind gentle and loving and he feels so hated by my friends that it feels like really? Why are you judging when you're single and complain all the time that you can't find a boyfriend?

I do agree that gingers get a lot of crap thrown at them because people put so many negative things out there about them. They are people too just like everyone else, I know everyone has their own personal preference for what they find attractive but why do people need to hide behind the word and show how nasty and disgusting they find people who they don't find attractive?

It makes a person sound ignorant and closed minded when they go around telling people they find this type of guy attractive but go around and tell people how disgusted they are by this kind of guy they find gross. Why don't you just tell people what you find attractive and keep what you don't find attractive to yourself.

#3 Brandon, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  4. Markio

Has no one else seen Lynn Kegan on HGTV? He's one of the super-hot carpenters on the show:
    [​IMG]
    I think people with red hair are just as hot as any other hair color. I think it's how a person rocks their look that makes the most difference to me.

5. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's the way it goes unfortunately... Anything that's too different is seen as undersirable by the majority...

At least he can dye his hair if it ever comes down to it xD

Not that he should have to though! :3

Edit: btw, I was going to bring up a lengthy comparison but decided against it as that's opening a huuuuuge can of nasty worms D:

So just know that what your ginger friend feels sometime... Has been familiar to me and a great deal of my gay friends for as long as we've been in the dating game :slight_smile: So I know how much it can hurt... Luckily for him, he has you right? :wink:

#5 Abayomi, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  6. Countervail

Don't mind people's criticism and comments about him, you're the one who is crushing not them and at the end of the day, only your words matters. :wink: "I love gingers, but no more/less than anyone else."

7. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm currently dating one, so yes. :grin:

8. October

Um, hair color isn't really a factor for me lol

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's my favourite hair colour on girls. :slight_smile:

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, absolutely, i have a real thing for redheads, i love everything about them. Super, super hot. I'm famous amongst my friends for being obsessed with them =D

11. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Erm, on guys, if I am to be honest, it's usually a turn off...not sure why. That's just a physical ideal, though...doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

On girls, though, it can look very cute. Especially if they're also nerdy...wait, now I'm just describing Willow from BTVS (too adorable for her own good :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Oh, and the color goes so well with everything...makes me jealous lol.

12. Vesper

Yes, definitely. I am infatuated with the combo of intense orange (or strawberry blond, or auburn) hair, freckles, and pale skin, and would be struck dumb if someone fitting that description even talked to me.

13. addie88

Anyone watch true blood? Jessica is SO HOT. [​IMG]

14. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this thing for extremes...its either pitch black super blonde or somewhere on the color spectrum that your hair couldn't possibly be naturally lol

15. Mad Man L

Some may look attractive, but it's not a bonus.

I prefer brown hair, with blonde hair in second place as preferred hair colour. Brown hair is by far the hottest hair colour. Especially on women with long hair.

16. Ridiculous

This is pretty much how I see it as well.
    However, when it comes to body hair (and facial hair) I definitely have a preference for it to be dark. On the head though anything goes.

Except...
    ..that is also true for me.

17. Zapha

I think ginger girls are hot, but ginger guys are a bit of a turn off for me. I find a lot of them to be really lanky/freckly and/or pale, which I find not to be a great selling point XD

But each to his own - different people find different features attractive.

18. Just Passing

I've never been turned on by any guy with ginger hair (I would love to be proved wrong some day though), however in an odd turn to my usual preferences, there are certain girls who look fantastic with ginger hair (Karen Gillan of Doctor Who fame immediately comes to mind.) :grin:

But for the sake of the poll, I voted for option three.

19. Lewis

Love them!

20. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

As a ginger, I have to pass on dating another ginger, unless they had a killer personality. I've met only one redhead of the sort, and he's more like a twin brother than anyone I would like to get involved with... and he's a guy.

For other ginger girls... I have to admit I get rather jealous around other ginger girls. I immediately start judging the exact color and texture of their hair, decide if it's better than mine, and go from there. YES it's extremely petty, but as a not particularly memorable person, my red hair is the only reason people remember my name (and I barely get THAT).

And if their are too many redheaded people in one place, I get territorial. More gingers = less souls for me to steal. :icon_twis

Barbara Gordon (AKA Batgirl AKA Oracle) is the only exception.

I like brown hair. I'm not sure why, but there's just something so nice about it, especially when it's on a girl. And really short.