1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out, help please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jemecherche, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Jemecherche

Right now I'm a sophmore in highschool. I've come out completely at school and so far, everybody, even people I'm not friends with, from athletes to theater kids to teachers has been 100% supportive, and I've made better friendships exude I can relax and e open.

BUT- I'm Indian. I've tried telling my parents and sisters an they're 100% vehemently against it.. I can't come out or they'll send me to military school or make my life miserable. My gay cousin (who dates guys and everyone knows is gay) still hasn't told
    His parents and he's twenty nine. He hasn't told anyone, but it's obvious.
    How do I wait until college to come out to them?

2. lakid594

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is there any particular reason you need to tell your parents? If you can get support from your friends and confide in them til college you don't need to feel pressure to tell them.

If lying to them about your sexuality is what is bothering you, you're going to have to tell them eventually, so it would probably be better to get it out of the way before it eats away at your sanity for a couple years.

It doesn't sound helpful, but the response to your question kinda depends on why you feel the need to come out to them.