1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG! wow...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XxTheNumbOnexX, Jan 5, 2008.

1. XxTheNumbOnexX

ok...didnt think it was this bad O_O...ok..i technically came out on myspace..cuz it says it on my profile....and i sent a bulletin.......and..ive heard that alabama isnt a friendly place for gay ppl.....but i found that out AFTER I came out.....cuz i was looking up stuff about it.....and well..im searching myspace...and from what it looks like...Im the ONLY gay guy here...or at least the only one thats out.......and im on like page 14...and this is like the 3rd search ive done O_O

2. XxTheNumbOnexX

`i meant only gay guy thats out in my town...(Atmore)

3. Connor

Connor Guest

If you are having second thoughts about coming out and feel it was not your time, you could delete the bulletin and just set your orientation to nothing until you are prepared and feel ready to come out - now that you have this new information about Alabama's feelings towards homosexuality.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only gay guy in Alabama? I doubt it. Though this does remind me of Daffyd on the Little Britain sketches. :grin: (If you've never seen it then you'll have no idea what I'm on about).

Anyways, you will get homophobia no matter where you are. If you aren't ready for it then do what Connor suggested above, but chances are that you'll never be in a place that will have everybody accepting your orientation. That's just a dream world. :frowning2:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well you could do as Martini suggested or you might just leave it and maybe your revelation will give somebody else the courage to step forward and come out also! You just never know.

6. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could always try doing an advanced search, searching for people who live in Alabama and who are gay/bi, and then you'll know if you really are the only one because it would only come up with you lol.

But I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure there are plenty of gay people in Alabama really, they just either aren't out or don't make a public thing of it.

And plus the fact that not everyone uses myspace :wink:

7. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You, without a doubt, unless your town is very small, may not be the only gay guy living there. I do not know much of Alabama, being from Pennsylvania, but unless they are chasing you down the street with pitchforks, you should be strong and come out to at least a few people. it may encourage others to follow you.

8. sdc91

MySpace searches also only search people over 18, I believe.

9. XxTheNumbOnexX

thanks ppl :slight_smile: i think ill keep it and try to encourage other ppl....cuz i KNOW i can't be the only one here....i just feel lonely!!!and its too late to cover it back up to "straight" or "not sure" or something....cuz ppl from my school have already seen it.....like ppl were asking my best friend about it the last day of school before christmas break..and we go back on the 7th...so im not sure whats going to happen....but...i already know that at least 5 of my friends accept me...cuz ive told them...so...ya...i should be ok...thnx for the advice ppl :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

10. step49x

I have to say, you're braver than I for posting it on Myspace. Then again, I have some people in my family I want to come out to, before I announce it to the whole world.

11. XxTheNumbOnexX

thnx :slight_smile: ya i try...cuz i mean..if u dont take SOME risks..then whats the fun in life??