1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yea... Does "whoops" work here?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by super confused, Apr 12, 2012.

1. super confused

So a while ago, I came out to my mom and my step-dad. I told them that I'm gay. But I recently realized that I'm not gay, I'm bisexual.

I want them to know because I don't like keeping secrets from them. But I really don't want to tell them exactly how I figured it out (it's not like I had sex or anything, but it did require a certain amount of experimentation that I would be super embarrassed to admit to).:icon_redf

Keep in mind that I'm a pretty private person who gets embarrassed easily. I'd rather be a secretive liar than be too open and embarrassed.

:eusa_sile:eusa_shhh

So, is there a way to tell them without disclosing everything that happened (or giving details of any sort)? I know that they'll be okay with me being bisexual, but I also know that they will ask a crap-load of questions. :eek:

2. secretguyX

Hmm, well I have to do the same (re-come out as bisexual to people I told I was gay) to three friends and my brother. :confused:

I'm sure they'll be okay with you being bisexual if they were fine with you being gay. You don't have to admit to any experimentation, just say that your feelings changed and you've realized you're attracted to guys too. I mean your 18, it's normal to have feelings change anyway. Answer whatever questions you feel comfortable with, but it's personal, you don't have to tell them anything you don't want to. Good luck :icon_bigg