1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LivingLife, Apr 12, 2012.

1. LivingLife

I think i hate myself....It's just sometimes i feel bad that i wish god would just end this life and give it to someone more deserving i don't feel like i have anything to offer, and something to live for or look forward too... gah...what's wrong with me, but im not suicidal btw i could never hurt myself :/ but i do wish sometimes god would give up and let me go in my dreams :slight_smile: I'm a tad crazy

2. dano22

dano22 Guest

When I got really depressed last summer I used to pray that God would end my life if my life was gonna continue down this road to nowhere. Now I really did not want to die either and eventually life got better. I personally think this is a cheesy quote that life will always get better but it eventually will get better even if you or me are not in the place we want to be in life.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

There is nothing "wrong" with you. You are simply just confused and growing up. Allot of people go through that, trust me, when I went through that phase it was much more violent, and I didnt have the rationality to not hurt myself.

What I can guess is there is something in yourself that you dont like, or a lot of things you dont like, and those things you try to "ignore" or numb yourself from, and you are probably finding the more you try to disconnect you from the things you dont like about yourself it really just makes you completely disconnected from everything.

This is because we cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb, we numb everything.

Watch this video it really helps me when Im feeling down on myself:

[YOUTUBE]TEDxHouston - Brené Brown - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

I like what she says about the darkness in all of us :slight_smile:
    "The darkness does not destroy the light, it defines it. It is our fear that casts our joy into shadows"

Good luck friend,
    If you would like someone to talk to just message me on my wall. :grin:(*hug*)

4. trunks

i know how you feel dude... sometimes i really hate myself. especially when you hurt someone you love... but we all have to look for the lighter things in life and hope for the best! so don't worry!

5. jimL

Is there anyone you can talk to about being so down? Are there any LGBT groups in your area? Maybe a school counselor? Sometimes it's just helps to talk. Hang in there, I hope things will turn around for you soon. Just be proud of who you are.

6. JackSplat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Life can be difficult sometimes. But remember good times are around the corner. It is a roller-coaster, if it was not for the high and lows it would not be life. Keep your head high and carry on!

7. LivingLife

Thank you everyone i dont know how to reply on posts so ill just put your names to each reply S:
    TyRawr: Thank you :slight_smile: yeah there are things i hate about myself and i want to change and that's because of my big insecurities of people judging me but i shall watch that video now :slight_smile:
    trunks: Thank you i shall try and yeahh i'm in a really tight spot my best friend and me are in a fight which makes it worse
    jimL: thank you for the advice but i'm not the type to say things to people or even talk about what i'm feeling,just not me
    JackSplat: Yeah lifes a total b*t** when it's really good something alwayss has to ruin it, but this time waiting for it to go high again seems to feel like forever and not temporary :/

8. trunks

i just wish that things weren't so difficult all of the time dude! but i do wish the best of luck (y)

9. Deaf Not Blind

the reason you are not dying in your sleep is you got a lot of life to live. make the world better place because some guys and dolls don't give a f$@#! hey and you are still very young, and so who knows what the future may bring. if it has been a ton of bad so far, maybe the next 80 will be fantastic!