1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay but unsure at the same time?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rx79g, Apr 14, 2012.

1. rx79g

So I feel like I'm gay. I think of myself as gay. When I'm walking around I generally look at guys. Yet I'm still unsure of my sexuality. When it comes to sexual situations I can imagine having sex with a girl and liking it, and sex with a guy too. As far as my actual attractions go I don't know what they are, and yet I identify as gay for no real reason. Is it possible despite my conscious mind being confused that subconsciously I already know I'm gay? Why else would I be confused when I think about my sexuality yet when I'm not really thinking about it I think I'm gay? Could this maybe be a light at the end of the questioning tunnel?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well your at least not straight.

I'm unsure if you're 100% gay, because as a 100% gay guy I could NEVER imagine myself with a woman and liking it, I get turned off picturing myself with women and think of the idea as repulsive. Maybe that's just me, but if that is how all 100% gay guys feel, then sounds to me like you're bi.

Hope this helps.

3. Bree

There's also people who identify as "mostly gay", or "bisexual preferring guys".

4. rx79g

Yeah, I would come out as bi but I'm afraid I'll later decide I'm gay and just add to the stereotypes of bi people being in-denial-gays. I would honestly love to come out as "Who-gives-a-crap-who-I-like-we'll-just-see-what-happens" but that would probably not go over so well in highschool. I guess that's what bisexual means. Maybe I should come out as "fluid" but I feel like people would understand that even less.

5. Cloudbreaker

You could just tell people that you are into dudes, then if they ask if you could ever fall for a girl just tell them that it's possible, but doesn't seem likely. That way you aren't stuffing yourself into one specific category, but you are also being honest.

6. alwayshope11

I know how you feel....I'm definitely more attracted to guys, but I have been with girls and didn't hate it.. it just felt like something was missing...I think my confusion stems from the fact that I have always grown up thinking straight was the only option so I never let myself really think about my gay feelings until recently.. I'm in the same boat man. Message me if you want!

7. Dalmatian

For me, the mental exercise of who I would or wouldn't have/enjoy sex with never worked. I mean, could I (not to be too graphic) find physical pleasure with women? Sure, if we are talking friction. The question that answers my doubts (or answered) much better is for example "how would I feel hugging a man or a woman in a relationship?". I know my answers.. with a girl I would be focused on holding her in a way she wants, I would make active effort to do enough of hugging and so on. With a guy I would enjoy it.

Or let me put it this way too.. to be able to have sex with someone it usually takes a lot of time, dates, talks, walks, laughs. With a woman maybe, maybe I would enjoy sex, but only with a man I would also love the flerty stuff before.

Just.. "who would you have sex with" in a hetero sexualized world is not a question I can rely on.