1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused... Weird Pretzel Move

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedRunWin, Apr 14, 2012.

1. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

Ok, this I guess is a little expansion from my other post, but I think it's an entirely seperate event. I'll fill you in: I'm somewhat friends with a guy, who I would kill to be inside, but I am struggling to figure out if he is gay. We had what I hope was an eye fuck, but he can say things only the straightest frats would say. Is frustrating... the puzzle of a lifetime. Trust me. :confused:

Anyway

The other day in class, he was eating a bag of pretzels when he got one and broke it in two forming the shapes of a six and a nine. He took a picture, I hope you can guess why.

Later that day, we were in the same class again by ourseles and one other person, and he showed me the picture saying "69!!!"

HELP ME. I have NO IDEA what he was trying I do by saying that. I mean, I'm not the dudliest person on earth, certainly not one you go ahead and show a 69 pretzel to if we hardly know each other. I'm thinking he may have been doing it as a shuttle hint, and I blew him off.

Help?

:help: :help: :help:

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

A sesual hint, I meant. I'm not an out gay... Maybe he was fishing. :-/

2. Of Mice and Men

Hm, unfortunately, I don't think you can go off of this alone. He was probably just making a joke, not a subtle hint or anything. I'm not saying he isn't gay, but that's not nearly enough evidence to prove it.

3. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

Erk.

It's less of a gay/straight thing, I just have no idea. It was an odd move.

Anyone have an explanation?

4. Ridiculous

You can't get any meaning out of someone showing you a photo of a broken pretzel.

If you are interested, then make some hints yourself. It is much easier than second-guessing everything that he does. The easiest way is to just come out to them, but I understand that that is not always possible depending on your circumstances.

5. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

@Ridic

Any tips on how I could do that, smoothly, with minimal damage should I be getting some false vibes?

PS: nice oatmeal pic

6. Ridiculous

That is the million-dollar-question that I am absolutely not qualified to answer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
    However, whatever you do you can't expect to somehow get into a relationship without him finding out you're attracted to guys. There comes a point where we all have to realise that nothing is ever going to happen with anyone if we aren't willing to take a little risk.

That said, starting off small and then gradually ramping it up will allow you to gauge his interest. Perhaps continue with the extended eye contact, then move onto some minor physical contact (such as walking up next to him and greeting him with a shoulder-grab). If he's receptive you can let the contact linger longer and do it more softly and 'intimately'.

However I am pretty against playing games like this because they can go on forever without you ever really figuring out what's going on.

7. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

Thanks for the things you provide, and I'll completely agree with you about the games. Games suck.

8. Cloudbreaker

If you really want to know and you don't want to play games, then maybe a direct approach would be best. The next time it feels like he might be flirting with you, you could say something like this:

"Say, don't take this the wrong way, but... are you flirting with me? 'Cause it's okay if you are."

If he says yes, then you can go on from there. If he says no, and you don't want to come out to him yet, you could claim you said it was okay because you wouldn't judge him if he was. Which I assume is the truth anyway.

9. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

I like that... Thanks for the help.