1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know the answer to this?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by super confused, Apr 15, 2012.

1. super confused

Almost every time that I leave the house on foot (I walk everywhere I can), some guy ends up hooting and hollering at me.

Does this EVER accomplish ANYTHING?? I don't find it flattering, I find it annoying. And a little amusing, but only because (even though I'm bi) my preference is girls.

I just find it so irritating and it makes me so uncomfortable! I just want to know if anyone knows why guys do this. (You don't have to be a guy to answer, either :slight_smile:)

2. BudderMC

Hm, well, is it the same guy each time? Is he with other guys?

If it's the same guy each time, maybe he genuinely thinks you're attractive? If he's with other people, I'd bet he's doing it to look 'cool' in front of his friends.

He's probably just being a d-bag though. Though, I think it might look good for you if you can find a way to take it as a compliment. Try and own it? :wink:

3. speedracing22

This happens to my best friend all the time. When we are in NYC guys constantly do this to her. Her secret she told me to avoiding it is headphones and sunglasses lol. She said when she has headphones on most of the time guys won't say anything.

#3 speedracing22, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012