1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal to feel like this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sayu, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Sayu

Basically, from time to time I feel a bit depressed that I am lesbian (well, I am still questioning, but I think I am). It's not because I don't accept myself, not at all, I am ready to face this, but I just feel that I want to be gay, not lesbian. I like a lot of boys, but I can't have a relationship with them, because I would only do so if I were a boy... I don't want to change my body by a surgery, but sometimes I just really want to be a boy. And not a heterosexual boy :rolle:

Is it normal to feel like that? Because I'm starting to think I'm a weirdo... :confused:

2. secretguyX

Never think your feelings aren't normal! They completely are. It sounds like you may be bi-gender - switching from female attributes to male attributes from time to time. But feeling depressed is really bad. Have you thought of going to a counselor, and talking about this with one? It may really help you. But you're not at all a weirdo!

3. Lewis

As stated above, feelings are always normal, they're the most natural thing about us. I can't say I've ever felt like that though, but that's not to say it's not 'normal'. You're not a weirdo at all! Just let your feelings guide you.

4. Sayu

Thanks, I guess you're right, guys.

5. PurpleCrab

Honestly I have known quite a few girls who felt like what you described, though it sounds to me like you're still discovering who/what you are.
    I wish you lots of fun and pleasure doing so!!

6. Sayu

Yes, I'm questioning, but fun? Seriously? :eek: It's torturing me! :bang: :tears:
    I want to know who I am :tears:

7. October

Don't worry, I have had the same feelings in the past. I desperately wanted to be a gay guy. Not date straight guys, I wanted to date gay guys and obviously the only way to do that would be to become a gay guy. So, you're completely normal :slight_smile: For me, that was a few years ago when I was around 15 or so.