1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedRunWin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

Sorry about my several posts. I guess I'm being a bit annoying...

But this is bothering me to an ungodly degree. I like this guy, but I can't figure out if he's gay. I just... hate the idea of him not being gay (or for that matter bisexual, but I'm just going with gay... It saves time not putting the 'or' in their every time I want to write) and not liking me. I know that if he's straight, then I'll be crushed, but if he's gay, then the sky will open up and it fosho means he likes me.

I mean, at this point months (fuck that, years) into our knowing each other and I still can't make an educated guess as to his orientation. I know sometimes it's bad to assume either way, but let's be honest people, you pick up vibes. He's sending out more confusing signals than the air traffic controller who let his three year old take the keyboard.

After my last post, I kept remembering things that he does behavior wise that are giving me clues. It's been a long time that I've been playing this game. :eusa_thin

The things he has done in the past to make me think he is gay, or that he likes me, are staring at me occasionally and looking away quickly when I look (but I could easily be seeing things), the fact he does not have an orientation on Facebook, it's blank, the smiles we exchanged one time outside (We were nearly alone, and I kept dropping a book. He offered to pick it up, while bending over :rolle:slight_smile:, or perhaps the general niceness he has in regard to me. I have naturally modest self esteem, so he could just as well be hating me in his head and being nice not to show it. I hope not, and it kind of sucks that I'm skeptic in that way. One last thing is that for the entire time I have known him, I have never seen or heard of him with a girlfriend. He's somewhat more social and friendly around girls from what I've seen. Oh, and he has several friends who make my gaydar active (that's all I'll say about his friends).

Sometimes, though, he'll say things that really make him sound straight. Like one time he was quoting Austin Powers' fat bastard and mentioning boobs in a very, oh I don't know, straight kind of sounding way.

The only other thing he did to sound straight is almost as puzzling as this whole thing. He had a pretzel broken in the form of 69 (mature, I know), and remarked it to me in particular. I didn't really know how to take that then, nor do I now.

This guy is driving me so insane I could have a freak out at any moment. I am feeling the worst crush for him, more than anyone I've ever liked.

PLEASE help me. Tell me what you think. I really can't go on any longer without hearing an opinion, a suggestion. This is killing me.

Thanks for reading my super long post. No TL;DR version, sorry. :icon_sad:

2. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly I can't help much, I'm going through the same thing. Just keeps your hopes up.

I have a question though; how old are you?

3. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

I'm 14. I really should put that up.

Unfortunately, I'm very mature for my age.

Why do you ask?

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2012 at 05:26 PM ----------

Hep me

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well that just means your close to my age. I find it easier to help people my age.

5. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you want to talk more, PM me, I should be on for a little longer.

7. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

8. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing's shown up

9. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

I must have screwed it up somehow... :-/

I'll try again.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2012 at 06:00 PM ----------

It says I can't send the message... Bummer. I'll just ask you here:

How did you come out to him with the possibility that it could all go to hell and everything cold go wrong? I couldn't imagine doing that.