1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what I'm going to do now...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hollywood, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Hollywood

The one school that I've been wanting to go to since third grade just accepted my best friend and rejected me. I want to be happy for her but yesterday when I got the letter was one of the worst days of my life.

Fuck you UNC Chapel Hill. This dosen't make any fucking sense! I'm so much more qualified then so many people that you accepted!

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh Hollywood....I'm sorry. Did they say why you were rejected? Could it be something that you can fix and get in?

3. step49x

Sorry you didn't get in.

Did you apply to any other schools? Have you heard back from them, yet?

4. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    some colleges suck! i am sorry to hear of your rejection. i hope things work out for you:icon_bigg

5. Hollywood

UNC-CH dosen't listen to admissions appeals :frowning2: And no they didn't tell me why i got rejected. That's why i'm pissed. I'm editor-in-chief of the yearbook, president of the international thespian society, i take AP classes, have a decent GPA and really good SAT scores. effing ridiculous.

yeah, i have backups/saftey schools of course, but i really want to go to carolina. plus, thats the only one ive applied to (besides boston which i havent heard from and i dont really want to go out of state) that has a decent journalism program.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Something doesn't seem right. I think I would gather your parents and go talk to somebody at the college.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe the interview didn't go well? Do they interview? I know I had to interview for some of the schools I applied to.

Or maybe they didn't like your application essay(s)?

8. Hollywood

thanks becky. i might, but its really competitive and some of my qualified friends didnt get in either...i dunno. Minus Duke, it's the hardest school to get into in NC. we'll see.

my essay was amazing and they don't do interviews. i dunno.

9. Jim1454

I know this is really lame, but I have come to believe that everything happens for a reason.

I know you're disappointed now, but another door will open up for you I'm sure. And you'll look back on something absolutely amazing that happens to you at the school you do go to, and you'll reflect on the fact that it never would have happened had you gone to Chapel Hill.

I guess the other thing I'll say, somewhat less phylosophically, is that life is full of disappointments, and this is just one. Learning to deal with disappointment and making the best of the situation is what will bring true success. Dealing with life when everything goes your way is easy - but learning to role with the punches is what will allow you to achieve true greatness.

Hope that little pep talk helped. Good luck with your other applications.

10. Étoile

Sorry you didn't get accepted. They're probably tightwads! LOL

Colleges look for all types of things. Were you in any sports? Some colleges like for their students to be academically and athletically well-rounded, so that might have played a factor in you not getting in.

11. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Sorry you didn't get in there,hope it turns out better for you.

12. s5m1

I am sorry. Try not to see it as a reflection on you. It could be as simple as they have too many people from your state. There is no way to really know. Most people do not get into every school they apply to. I did not get into every school to which I applied. Do you have other applications out? Have you received any acceptances yet? What are your other choices? While I did not get into my top choice, I had a great time at the school I attended, received a great education and now have a successful career. You will too, even though you did not get into Chapel Hill.

13. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is wonderful advice Jim and so true!