1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So im bi but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LauraMarie, Apr 16, 2012.

1. LauraMarie

Ive been dateing guys since around 12 but have always known ive been a bit bisexual, but recently ive been starting too look at girls and barely ever think or have an attraction to boys but i do have STRONG feelings for girls. Could i possibly be 100% lesbian instead of bisexual?:help:

2. LailaForbidden

How did you feel when you dated previous boyfriends? Did you enjoy doing relationship-esque things, physical things?

3. LauraMarie

I just liked the company i guess not really the physical things of it just the thought of having someone that cares

4. LailaForbidden

hmm...it seems like you may be a lesbian, but recognizing and accepting it is a long, complex process. just relax and breathe. my one piece of advice: don't overanalyze your feelings too much. it makes everything worse. (*hug*) we r all here for you!!

5. LauraMarie

Thanks for the advice:slight_smile: you helped me alot(*hug*)

6. LailaForbidden

7. tegan and sara

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's what I'm wondering myself but some bisexuals just prefer one sex over the other

8. LauraMarie

Ya but guys dont really intrest me anymore girls on the other hand do 100%

9. Zaio

Zaio Guest

It depends whether or not you find them sexually attractive, I love everything about guys, and am not remotely turned on by girls, I'm repulsed by the thought of being with one. If you feel along the same lines with guys, then you are probably a lesbian.

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you talk to some of the other bisexuals on this site you will find that they will tell you that often their orientation fluctuates, so sometimes they will be interested in guys and sometimes girls. Im not saying you are or are not lesbian or bisexual, but I think the other poster was right if at the moment you are totally into girls then follow that, if in the future a guy takes your fancy well go for that.

11. Ianthe

At 12 years old, dating is not the same as when you are older.

When I was 12, no one dated. Seriously--NO ONE DATED. In fact, the boys all thought the girls had cooties, and the girls were only just barely admitting that they liked boys.

When people do start dating at 12, I really think in most cases it's less about any kind of romantic feelings they might have than it is about wanting to be more grown-up than they really are, and to do the things that grown-ups do--including dating. Since most kids are surrounded by straight adults, doing what the grown-ups do involves dating the opposite sex, not the same sex.

You were always taught, by society, to expect to like boys. So, based on the fact that you are 14 and your "dating" history is probably neither deeply romantic nor heavily sexual, I don't think you should take your history of dating guys as any kind of evidence that you were really attracted to them.

You know definitively that you are attracted to girls. You know it even though it's not what you were taught to expect would happen. If you really were attracted to boys as well, don't you think you would be at least as sure about it as you are about girls?

I'm not saying for sure that you'll never be interested in a guy. But I do think it's very possible that you are a lesbian, yes.

12. fireworks

fireworks Guest

well im pretty much exactly the same, i decided i was a lesbian in the end. i only like guys for company really, nothing else xD in the end it's what you feel comfortable identifying as. some people say sexuality is like a scale.. so if you're 90% gay, then you could call yourself bi, or you could call yourself gay.. whatever feels right xx