1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brother hates me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DhammaGamer, Apr 17, 2012.

1. DhammaGamer

So, I just do NOT know what to do. I have a non-identical twin brother, with whom I live, and he is a very VERY strong opponent to my transition. He doesn't say much to my face when he is sober, most likely out of a sense of propriety, but whenever he is drunk he lays into me about how my "life choices" are so effed up and that he doesn't agree with anything I am doing.

He goes into how I am an embarrassment to the family, and that my sister, who I assumed was a supporter of mine, calls him and tells him that she is embarassed of me and that my dad thinks I'm crazy. He has told me before that I should kill myself, and that I am crazy. He threatens me with kicking me out of his place all the time and lords over me because he has "allowed" me to live with him IN SPITE of my "issues".

I love my brother, and I want him to support me and lvoe me for who I am, but no matter what I or anyone else says, he refuses to listen or to learn about me or what I am going through. I'm so sick of feeling like crap and, at times, being afraid to go home because I don't want to be around him.

I don't know what to do.

2. Jim1454

Yikes. That sounds horrible.

Do you have alternative living arrangements that you could make?

3. Thoughtsrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your brother has his own insecurities that he has to deal with and while you can educate him, you can't change him, HE has to change.

It's not a healthy environment if it's gonna be like that all the time. Do you have supportive and loving family members or friends you could stay with or get your own place? You have to feel good at home and be with people that make you feel good!