1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask him out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheAMan, Apr 17, 2012.

1. TheAMan

There's this guy at my school that I really like. I met him a few weeks ago at lunch and I'm like 99% sure he's bisexual. Reasons being that he combs his arm hair, he has a gay accent, his eyes have that "look" in them, he has a slight switch when he walks, and he has a rainbow bracelet and a bracelet that has pink blue and purple in it. I know you're not really supposed to go off of stereotypes but this is just way too much for it to be merely a coincidence.

The only reason why I haven't asked him yet is because I've had bad experiences with rejection in the past. I've asked out three guys before and got rejected each time. The first one rejected me then proceeded to tell the whole baseball team about it. I had to tell so many lies just to cover it up. I asked my best friend out and he politely rejected me. So far the best rejection of my life. I then asked out a bi friend of mine and he made it seem like he was in to me but he really wasn't. The point is that I've lost nearly all confidence in asking out a guy.

To make things worse, I'm still attracted to my previous crush even though I thought I was over him. I don't think I can be in a relationship and still have the hots for someone else. Still I have strong feelings for this guy and I'd really like to be with him.

So I have two questions for everyone. Do you think it would be a good idea to ask him if he's bi? If he is, should I then ask him out?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you approach him on a friendship level first? Just see if you can sort of hang out first? That way you could feel him out, not just whether he's gay/bi (he certainly seems to be) but whether he might be interested in dating you.

Lex

3. Ianthe

When it's a guy wearing them, I think the pride bracelets are pretty good indicators.

I agree with Lex, though. Hang out with him casually a few times before you ask him out, and see where it goes.

And you can absolutely use the pride bracelets as a conversation starter. People who wear things like that usually do so because they WANT to be recognized, to be out and known.

4. Mad Man L

Firstly try and approach him, and make sure that he's bi. Try and become semi-friends with him, and ask him out.

5. TheAMan

Thanks everyone for the great advice. So basically the messgae I'm getting is that I should find out if he's bi and try to be friends first before I ask him out. That's a great idea.