1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who feel downhearted...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LailaForbidden, Apr 17, 2012.

1. LailaForbidden

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this... but i hope this makes someone, somewhere feel better.
    I was reading some of earlier posts from a different website that i wrote when i was first comtemplating the possibility of being bisexual. I basically wrote how unsure i was of being bisexual and thought it was a phase or some phychological wish-fullment, ect. I realized how FAR i've come from those initial panics because I now am positive that I adore women :slight_smile: Even so, recently i've being feeling like i've been stuck in this frustrating circle of questioning my level of homosexuality. But i've come so far and it gave me hope and determination to carry on. I guess that my point through the rambling is: Even if your enormously frustrated and depressed.. you HAVE made progress. Your that much closer to the end of all this crap we have to go through. You can do it.
    I hope i helped
    thanks.

2. Hot Pink

I wish I could get this through my head. Honestly, I've spent most of my life trying to like guys. Trying to get a grasp on something that is seen as "normal." I know I was born male, but liking girls has always felt distinctly homosexual to me, even as a child. I didn't quite understand it as "homosexual" back then, but I knew that I liked pretending to be the princess from a Disney movie; however, instead of ending up with the prince it was another princess.

It wasn't until rather recently that I've accepted that I'm a lesbian--a little over a year? I still find myself wondering if I could be with a guy instead. Honestly, I could because I can fall in love with them. It just doesn't last because I lack physical and sexual attraction to men. While that's not everything, it's important enough to make any attempt at a relationship with a guy futile. It would be easier. It's easier to find a boyfriend than a girlfriend, anyway. Considering that I've only had boyfriends in my life and never a girlfriend.

3. I'm still wondering if I'm bisexual or gay. So...yeah..I feel beaten down.

4. LailaForbidden

I'm in the same place, so i think i know how you feel. kind of like this: :bang: on a daily basis. all i can say is: (*hug*)(*hug*) (&&&) We can get through this!

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

5. alwayshope11

Thank you so much for posting that... I am in such a confused place and sometimes it seems like I will never get through it...

and Inevertoldyou, I'm dealing with that too :frowning2:

6. LailaForbidden

I'm glad i could help:slight_smile:

7. Dalmatian

First I was naturally sure I was straight. Then I thought, I am an intelligent, rational being and people are beautiful, I should be able to love everyone. How great is that, making myself rationalize adding homo to my allegedly existing heterosexuality :grin: Then I realized there was kind of imbalance on that bisexuality wagon, so I decided to empty it all and spend some time as an asexual. That one was good. And then I turned around and there was not a wagon, but the whole composition of homo that I never saw before.

What I am trying to say is that I believe there's something good in seeing yourself as bisexual even if you are not. You will unlikely end up in a straight relationship if you are ok with the second side of you "bisexuality" and in the same time you don't have to be bothered about homosexuality that much. It's just wanting to place a label on yourself too early and then chosing the generic one. That's fine in my mind.

Please note, of course I believe there are genuinely bisexual people. What I am talking about is accepting homosexuality through some period of describing it as bisexuality.

8. alwayshope11

That makes sense Dalmation... I was in a straight relationship, but I definitely was not okay with my gay feelings, so I broke it off so I could figure it out...now I am just working on figuring myself out, getting to know other gay people, and just working on being comfortable with my sexuality..whatever that may be.

9. LailaForbidden

Thanks for posting this.. i think i might try it. It might be easier for me to identify as bisexual for now. i think whats really freaking me out is the thoughts of ruling out a heterosexual relationship, but maybe this will help. thanks you!

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I haven't fully accepted if I'm gay or not, because society is still homophobic.