1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexual feelings at the age of 5?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sayu, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Sayu

When questioning my sexuality, I often go back to my kindergarten years. I had two female teachers. I liked them both, but I liked this one, let's call her A, more that the other one. I remember the day I was ill. I started to feel sick in the morning (when I was already in kindergarten), I laid on the carpet with other children playing around me. So this teacher A called me. I sat on her knees and she touched my forehead with her palm to try whether I had fever. I LOVED that feeling :rolle:

For months since then I always recalled that moment when she touched me and hoped she would do that more often. Even now I remember it exactly (though I don't now fantasize about that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Do you think this could be my sexuality showing itself in such an early age?

#1 Sayu, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. Anything's possible....

3. fireworks

fireworks Guest

It's not that far fetched- aged five, I always dreamt about princesses, and barbie dolls. Oddly there were never any princes or ken dolls, if you get my drift. I think things like that can be signs of a person's sexuality, definitely. Of course, you were very young, but for me, I know that those were early signs, because I never truly got out of the habit. Obviously, I passed the princess stage, but soon it was celebrities, and girls I knew. So yeah, I absolutely think that could well be an early hint as to your orientation.

4. TheAMan

Maybe so. I started being attracted to boys when I was 6 so it's definitely possible.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

It wouldn't surprise me if it were.

Sexuality is not something that is inherently nasty and something that only adults do. Little kids "date" all the time, they get crushes and they also play doctor. We see those things now and we say "aww, how cute", but for some reason when a little kid does the same thing with the same sex then we freak out. We tell them they are too young to know and to wait until they are much older.

Now that I look back, my earliest memory of me being into guys was back when I was 6. I remember loving/hating swimming class because you would have to undress in front of everyone. I also had a crush on my best friend at the time. Of course, back then I didn't see it as a crush, but you know haha

6. Stonkle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I hear you. Around the time I was questioning my sexuality, my mind went back to k-1st grade. Instead of two teachers, it was two other classmates. I honestly don't know what I was thinking back then, but I didn't think it was wrong or weird at all. Even then though, I was shy about it and would only express feelings through subtle gestures of kindness that seemed to be aimed at particularly one person. Funny, I still do that now. Haven't really grown up in the past 10 years I guess.

You're born with your sexuality. Different people discover it at different times, so it's not all too weird that you felt that way at 5. You still seem to be questioning yourself, so I have no idea what your "final verdict" is going to be. Either ways, it's always nice to look back on previous experiences of yours with a different viewpoint in mind.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex said he knew he was in kindergarten. So I think that it's a definitely possibility based on what my ex said lol.

8. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I definitely knew by around age 4 or 5. I don't know how I did...it was just always there.

9. TroubledRyan

Anything is possible, but I would just like to say that most little kids are sexually curious - I show you mine if you show me yours type of thing. Most of which grow out of that though. Obviously this wasn't sexual haha, but every little kid loves attention from adults they look up to.

10. Dalmatian

Hm.. I have a sneaking gut feeling that it might be wrong to draw conclusion 25 years after kindergarten. There's a thin line between theory based on observation and ex post facto fallacy (fallacy being in a small sample consisting of me alone). But, that said..

I guess the first gay feelings I remember of are from when I was six or seven (but not later than that because that's when the kid in question moved away). So, I probably had them before too. I then must agree that it's possible, especially for girls :slight_smile:

With regards to "I'll show you mine if you show me yours", it never crossed my mind I'd want to do that with a girl :rolle:

11. unknownerror

I remember being about that age playing with action figures and such with my brother. once the good guys beat the bad guys, it was customary for the two heroes to get married (at least in most of the stories our mother had exposed us to) but they were both guys, which we knew wasn't the way it usually worked, but we both thought it would be ok so we ended it with them getting married