1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm screwed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Apr 18, 2012.

1. stumble along

Tl;DR
    im failing two classes and my teachers want to know whats up (I have never done this bad in the history of ever)

so, im screwed.

1. they are really bad grades (59 and a 58 respectively, i need a 70 to pass, and i need to do so by the end of may 18, other wise i dont graduate) and that is going to be impossible

so im not gonna graduate and im not going to go to college and my parents are going to probably disown me or some shit.

2. my teachers want to know whats up, my friends are practically feeding me to the counselor so she knows somethings up, the teachers will email my parents (who already know about the grades) and they will want to know whats up, and i really want to avoid having my parents find out the reason is because im dealing with all this shit (and while being pansexual does relate into this a great deal, id prefer it if it wasnt) and i dont want to tell them because of my mom, i know my dad may be ok with it but mom is just no.

and i cant do anything about it until next week because i have a calculus final to study for tomorrow and i literally just want to go up in a puff of smoke right now i hate my life.

2. MommaFrog

1) Breathe
    2) Talk to your councilor, usually they wont breech whats said unless you are a danger to yourself...
    3) Talk to your dad if he is understanding...

I really wish I could help more, message me or something If you need to vent...

3. stumble along

i already vented, a few pages back.
    and im really against seeing the counselor, and i would probably only go if there was a way to help fix my grades because my parents think i dont care about them and in fact they are driving me off the wall bat shit crazy that i cant even keep my grades up and its just another thing thats keeping me down.

and i know that i bit off way more than i can chew (i did not predict that i would end up dealing with my sexuality this soon, and with 6 AP classes a moment thinking about that is a moment i lose in studying and being focused)

and i also know that because i cant get over my college situation im still extremely unmotivated to do anything and depressed as hell (one of the two friends i confide things to said that its like i lost the will to live, though they didnt mean it in a negative way)

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2012 at 11:05 PM ----------

and i know what everyone is saying, that the social worker or whoever it is cant disclose anything i say to other people unless im suicidal, and the thing is i actually am suicidal. i havent had a the least a week without thinking of dying,disappearing,or committing suicide, at the most ive gone days at a time thinking how shit everything is and how i just want it all to stop. and this has been going on like this since september, and to a lesser degree since 6th grade (which is the first time ive ever considered any of this stuff, up until then i was a happy go lucky kid) and that is another reason and i dont know how to explain to them everything thats going on without winding up in a mental hospital (which will end up making things worse because knowing me ill be fighting them (figuratively) about everything)

#3 stumble along, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. Cloudbreaker

All is not lost. Even if everything you mentioned takes a turn for the worse (which seems unlikely) you still won't be without options. I'm sure that no matter what happens, at this time next year it won't seem nearly as horrible as it does right now.

But why worry about all that right now when you might still have a chance to change things? You say you need to pass two classes, but it is impossible? I wouldn't bet money on that. Talk to the teachers you need the better grades from. Ask them what you would need to do in order to get the grade you need to pass and graduate. Extra credit, redoing assignments, other opportunities for more points, whatever it takes. And if you already talked to them about all that stuff, then talk to them again! Let them know you are really serious about it. The goal of school is to learn, so if you learn their material, I don't see why they shouldn't give you credit for it in the end. Maybe there is even some other faculty that you can speak with that may be able to help you graduate even if you don't manage to pass those classes. Sometimes there are ways around those things.

Until May 18 rolls around, don't even worry about the college situation. What would be the point? It seems like it would only serve as a distraction. If you pass your classes then you have nothing to worry about. If you don't, then you can start working on a new plan. Maybe work on getting a GED, or applying to some other higher education programs. Or maybe search for a career path you can start immediately.

It's scary and confusing and frustrating, but it most definitely is not anything a person can't handle. There are many people out there who have managed to do much more with much less, so I'm confident that you will get through it all and walk out the other side a stronger person because of it. I wish you the best of luck and remember, if you ever need anything, we are here for you.

Oh! And ask other teachers for advice too! If anyone would have good suggestions for how to get the grades necessary to graduate, it would be them.

#4 Cloudbreaker, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. Ianthe

You are obviously very depressed. Your teachers can tell that something is wrong. They want to help you--that's why they keep asking what's up.

It's likely that the school counselor would be able to help you arrange something with your teachers.

But I think the real problem is that you are still depressed--even if you have the opportunity to make up the work, you won't be able to for the same reasons you fell behind in the first place. Am I understanding that right?

But that's an important reason to go to the counselor.

And I don't believe for a second that you would be worse off in treatment for being suicidal than you are being suicidal on your own. They only put you in an inpatient situation if you are in immanent danger of self-harm, and if you are in immanent danger, you SHOULD be in a hospital.