1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sleepover situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dano22, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dano22

dano22 Guest

I am sure some gay guys may of had experiences like this well my old college friend who is a girl said i could come over for the weekend and stay at her place along with some of my other girl friends. Well she than realized her parents are coming over and said that I cannot stay over because they will be there. I get where she is coming from and she feels really bad about it but i have not seen her since last may and its really upset about it. Any advice on how to deal with situations like this.

2. alwayshope11

Hey...does she know you are gay? Can she tell her parents? If they know that, then I don't see why they would care if you sleep over.. unless they are like super conservative.

3. dano22

dano22 Guest

Yes she knows i am gay and is very supportive and if her parents are super conservative or something I can understand the situation. I guess I could try that but she might not be willing to do that.

4. SkyDiver

I hang out at my best female friend's house all the time, and even though she and her entire family know I'm gay, they all still think it's best that I don't sleep over.

I don't entirely understand, but I respect their wishes.

I'm assuming you're allowed to hang out there during the day? Do you have anywhere else to go during the night?

#4 SkyDiver, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. dano22

dano22 Guest

yeah that is the problem I have no where to go at night. I am sure her parents would be accepting her parents are kind of strict so if they find out a guy has slept over they would freak out on her. She is a good person but when it comes to her parents she fears rejection or anger from them.

6. GayJay

My mum is the same. we were having a conversation about it and she said no you can't have guys sleeping over at the house(even in the spare room) and i said but what about if(she didn't know then) i was a lesbian would you let my friend stay then and she said no. It's just not the right kind of message you want to be sending to your child.
    I don't get this but even though she now knows she still don't let guys sleep over but will let girl and lets my girlfriend. It really doesn't make sense.

7. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Can you just discuss things with her and tell her to ask her parents to respect you as a human being? She is a college girl, and adult, so why should her parents have to dictate her life like that?

If it doesnt work out use something called the power of attraction, in-vision yourself with your friend a few times a day, and sure enough something will happen. The universe is funny that way (in all seriousness this really works, and I use it all the time)

8. dano22

dano22 Guest

Im gay so i am not interested in dating her if that is what your implying. No this is just a friend who's apartment I was going to stay at but her parents are gonna show up sometime during the weekend. I got it figured it out and Im staying somewhere else for the weekend. No this was a friend situation.

9. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I am not in any way implying you should date her. The power of attraction is just a way of setting an intent to make something happen. It could be used for dating, but thats not what I was implying.

Im glad you got it figured out, its still unfortunate that she couldnt have the courage to tell her parents that you were gay and that she is an adult and able to have whoever she wants over.

10. dano22

dano22 Guest

In her defense she probably did not think of that possibility if her parents were not coming over she would of just lied about it as simple as that. Sorry i thought that is what you meant by that.

11. GayJay

Noway i do this all the time:slight_smile: It totally works every time!