1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

did any of you guys try and get a girl pregnant to prove you werne't gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by insidehappy, Apr 19, 2012.

1. insidehappy

im curious if any of you guys on here were in denial that you thought that if you got a girl pregnant and had a kid with her, that would help you distance yourself from being gay. did it work? what happened?

2. Zontar

Are you off your rocker?! This is the most bizarre, dumb, and selfish thing I've ever heard of.

3. BajanBoy13

Hahaha no, I'm only 14 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. King

King Guest

That sounds absolutely ridiculous...
    Anybody who would do that deserves a good slap upside the head.

5. BajanBoy13

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

That would be a stupid move!

Just having sex with a girl would be enough :lol;

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would mean I was fertile, not that I was straight. And then, y'know, there'd be this kid I'd have to raise and pay for for 18 years. So no, never even considered going that route. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. secretguyX

Well I'm a girl... and I'm only 14....

But I do see how some guys could be so in denial that they'd do so. Having a kid/even having sex is supposed to bring a new connection between the two people, so maybe some guy would think that that connection would make them straight. At least that's what I think...

9. Bolin

No, not ever. A lot of my friends are getting married and having children, and my mother is pressuring me to do the same, but I'm not going down that route. I've never even considered it. I know what can happen when a gay man impregnates a woman. It's also kind of a douchey move because if a woman does get pregnant, you're creating an innocent life that will be forever affected by this decision. Would you really want that?

10. fireworks

fireworks Guest

I saw this thread and I was just like, WTF???? DOES THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN? That's insane! It's actually kinda sad.. like someone is so uncomfortable with themselves that maybe they think it might change the way the feel about women.. or just using relationships a means of denying their orientation. I'm not sure if people would go as far as pregnancy, but I can definitely see things like marriage and intercourse being used as ways to 'prove' oneself as straight. Ugh, that's so awful! And I would feel so bad for the girl, being used like that. Ugh.

11. Umm...wow. I've never heard of this. I mean I'm sure it's happened. But that's kind of selfish, and dumb, and clearly not thought through. Besides, having a child isn't gonna make those feelings goes away.

12. Ben

Ben

To me, this seems like a pretty extreme thing to do in order to dig the hole of denial a bit deeper.

Is it something you've considered?

13. insidehappy

Hi Zoltar. I am not off my rocker. Possibly you misread the post. It said: has anyone ever done this. It is a simple question. However, it by no means suggests that I support doing it. It's just merely asking a question. which i do not think is dumb to ask but if you do, that's your opinion. impregnanting someone out of denial is not a savory thing to do, but im sure people have done it and the post is just asking for that how that worked out for them. no, this is not something i was intending on doing. simply a question.

#13 insidehappy, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  14. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, not only will you ruin your life but you'd ruin hers and the child's; but then when you find out this selfish little plan didn't work out you'll what, get a divorce and leave her with the kid?

Do you even think about other people's feelings or what? Is the girl not a person too?

15. insidehappy

again, its just a question. no need to get your feather ruffled as i am not personally considering it. now take a deep breath and chant.

16. TheAMan

Nope. Still a virgin.

17. nycbiguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    wow maybe i'm crazy but doesn't this happen all the time? How many married men do you see trolling for gay sex? Married, with wife and kids. Perhaps they're not shouting out that they had a kid for this reason, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

18. shy

shy

tried to have a gf. most epic fail in my life.

19. Jim1454

I got married and had 2 kids. Not because I thought it might 'cure me' or 'distance myself' from being gay. The fact of the matter is (believe it or not) I didn't know I was gay at the time.

So did having a wife and kids, when I wasn't even aware that I was gay, keep me from having gay thoughts and eventually come out as gay? Apparently not.

All that would do for someone is increase their stress levels above what they already are - assuming that they are quite stressed over the fact that they're gay and don't want to be.

Once you've opened that 'Pandora's Box' of thoughts and emotions around your orientation it's impossible to close it again. Once you've entertained the idea that you're gay in your consciousness I don't believe there's any way to forget it.

20. Gay Boi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A local South African celebrity did that when he was younger and is as gay as ever. So in answer to your question it won't turn you straight.