1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I be sure I DON'T like guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JillandJill, Apr 19, 2012.

1. JillandJill

How can I be sure, after being raised straight, that I am a lesbian?
    I know how I can be sure I like girls, and I know I do.
    But how can I be sure I DON'T like guys?
    How do I decide if I am gay or bi?

2. Waffles

My question is this: have you ever TRUELY had feelings for a guy? Not like "I like him just because that's what girls do", but as in GENUINELY like a guy.

If yush, then you could be bisexual~
    If not, then maybe you're a lesbian OR you're bisexual and just haven't met a good guy.
    ... oh gawd, I sound like those people wgo are like "naw, you are str8 and haven't found the right person" ._. I am in no way saying that, just to make it clear.

Either way, just be proud of who YOU are.
    In the end, it shouldn't matter what others think of you because you love who you love, and that's that. :3

Stay strong! *hug*

3. JillandJill

Haha Iiiii guess the answer would have to be no then, I haven't felt that for a guy. This girl is the first time I've felt this way about anyone :0

Guess I'm a lezzzzz lol

4. If it's all girls for you, then yeah, with all the information you have, you can choose the label you identify best with.
    There's no harm in identifying as whatever you feel is right. You don't have to carve it into stone and curtail your attractions to fit it. The world will not crumble and fall if one day, by chance, you develop some physical or emotional thing for a guy and you have to amend your label. Not to say you should wait around for it, it's possible that you're just gay and that's how it is.

Unless the label starts to not fit what you feel, if girls seem like they're the cat's pajama's to you, then lesbian it is. :slight_smile:

5. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Easy. Ask yourself these 3 questions.

1. Do I enjoy placing male genitals in my mouth and other bodily orifices, and does the mere thought of this cause me to become sexually aroused?

2. Do I enjoy the sight, touch, smell and taste of men? Does the thought of a man's hands on me, or the scent and heat of his hard body pressed against me turn me on?

3. Do I find myself becoming romantically attached to men, so much so that when I am without their company, I feel like I'm going through withdraw?

If you answered NO to the previous 3 questions. You are a lesbian. If you answered MAYBE to 1 or more, then you might be BI.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I see no reason to rush yourself into a box. I understand there is a lot of pressure, but questioning your sexuality doesn't mean you have to answer right now.

I wish you a wonderful journey.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can only go on what feels right at the moment, but the great thing is its not a one way street, if you come out as gay (or lesbian) and then you fall for a guy, so what it doesnt matter, if you dont think you have ever had feelings for a guy and the thought of being one doesnt really do anything for you then I would say you are probably gay, but I wouldnt stress over it, you can always come out as 'not straight' if that fits better for you.